• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flaming Carrot Comics #27
2 2

9 posts in this topic

This book has always been on my 'maybe' list, but whenever I've checked online the only copies for sale seem to be in the States, and shipping costs have always made me balk and think it's too expensive...  Especially since I'm really only interested in the cover, as it combines two of my favourite things; Todd McFarlane and TMNT!

Anyway, it was half off sticker price at the LCS, and it looked decent shape so I said what the hell!  Anyone here a Flaming Carrot fan?  Maybe I'll get lucky and end up digging the story too :)

carrot_cover2.JPG

FlamingCarrotCover1.JPG

coverback.JPG

Edited by StreetPreacher

Thanks guys, at least this turned out to be a decent purchase!

I just noticed that one of the books I picked up at the LCS on the weekend is one I had already ordered a while ago, so a 2nd issue of Spider-Man #12 showed up in my mailbox today...  Hey, I guess everyone needs at LEAST 2 Spider-man #12s....  At least it has wolverine on the cover...  dumb.

Don't worry, even I won't post that run ;)

As an old rookie at this, what would you say is affecting the grade on this book?  Is the rubbed off colour on the back cover the biggest 'problem'?  Or the corners not being sharp enough?  I actually noticed that the backing board this book came with had some faint 'orange' colouring, which must be ink that rubbed off of the book...  Thanks guys, hoping this will help me when I have to pick between multiple copies of the same book next time I visit the LCS ;)

38 minutes ago, StreetPreacher said:

As an old rookie at this, what would you say is affecting the grade on this book?  Is the rubbed off colour on the back cover the biggest 'problem'?  Or the corners not being sharp enough?  I actually noticed that the backing board this book came with had some faint 'orange' colouring, which must be ink that rubbed off of the book...  Thanks guys, hoping this will help me when I have to pick between multiple copies of the same book next time I visit the LCS ;)

My 2c

the book is very fine in appearance 

when I see that all 4 corners are “not sharp” and in this instance, blunted likely due to some wear from handling over the years, it automatically takes the book out of any near mint range especially with the multiple color breaking spine ticks that seal the deal.

overall no other glaring defects to the rest of the book elevates it beyond fine range.

that leaves the book in the vf- to vf+ range

i always ask myself when I see a book for the first time and have that initial gut reaction:

do you I look at it and think that’s a “nice” book...vf range 

or do I think wow, that’s a “really nice” book...nm range 

Edited by Funnybooks