• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil 1
4 4

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Empir3 said:

What would you guys offer for the book? I haven’t purchased it yet , was trying to figure out a fair price .

You are seeing 3.0s go for around $1300 on ebay.  That's the starting point. 

I would ask about the staples personally. That much moisture makes me suspect they could be rusty. 

Its a nice presenting copy, but you've got risks with it. It could grade lower and could be tough to sell down the road with the stains and potential rust. I  would personally offer $900 to $1k

3 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I would ask about the staples personally. That much moisture makes me suspect they could be rusty. 

Its a nice presenting copy, but you've got risks with it. It could grade lower and could be tough to sell down the road with the stains and potential rust. I  would personally offer $900 to $1k

Have you seen any sales (raw) at that price, though?

hopefully the moisture stayed away from the staples, but that also depends on the general storage conditions (ie damp basement being more conducive to rust creation. 
Im with everyone else here a nice presenting 3.0 IF the staples are in good shape. If the staples are rusty it might take a value hit (though not necessarily a grade hit) as many collectors actively avoid buying books with rusty staples, as that is something that can continue to deteriorate over time after encapsulation. 

Just now, KCOComics said:

No.. and that's why I adjusted down a bit. Maybe $800 is the better starting point? 

Last I checked, there was a raw alleged "3.0" at auction currently bid < $500, with just a few hours remaining. Where will it end? Not sure. Another raw "3.0" was listed with a $350 bid, but Best Offer was accepted. Offer must have been above minimum bid, but how much higher?

Not enough concrete data for recent eBay sales for me to outright disagree with you.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Last I checked, there was a raw alleged "3.0" at auction currently bid < $500, with just a few hours remaining. Where will it end? Not sure. Another raw "3.0" was listed with a $350 bid, but Best Offer was accepted. Offer must have been above minimum bid, but how much higher?

Not enough concrete data for recent eBay sales for me to outright disagree with you.

Not listed as "3.0" - rather - "Low Grade". Looks 2.5 to me. $435 with 11 hours remaining.

47 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

The staples were not rusty and were still secure