• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Team-Up #28
3 3

8 posts in this topic

I'm collecting CGC 9.8 run and took a chance on a raw Marvel Team-Up #28 since there are only 2 listed in the census.  The seller graded it as a 9.6 with my intent of getting it pressed.  I just received it and can see why it's a 9.6 now (or even a 9.4 but I couldn't tell in the photo originally). There maybe a color break a color break on the front orange circle with Spidey in it however it's not on the spin, when seen at an angle it appears like a pressure imprint from someone writing on paper while the book was underneath it. The top of the front cover may need to be cleaned also? Before I submit I wanted to check with y'all to see if there is a chance if I do get it pressed (and maybe cleaned) that it would be a 9.8? If not I may may just suck it up and call it a loss.

Thanks

Dave

IMG_1102.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

IMG_9217.jpeg

IMG_9901.jpeg

IMG_3665.jpeg

IMG_0598.jpeg

IMG_7751.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg

IMG_2284.jpeg

IMG_7356.jpeg

IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

Edited by Xenosmilus

22 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Tough one

i think it’s a 9.6 even with a press

FC corners worry me

I agree.  There isn't allot of room for error between a 9.6 and 9.8.  

With the spine tick and the corner, I think it's a 9.2 today, and a quality press might get you to the 9.4 / 9.6 range, but I personally can't see it being a 9.8. 

44 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

I agree.  There isn't allot of room for error between a 9.6 and 9.8.  

With the spine tick and the corner, I think it's a 9.2 today, and a quality press might get you to the 9.4 / 9.6 range, but I personally can't see it being a 9.8. 

Yeah, I’m no expert grader but I don’t think it’s close to a 9.6 as is. They have a return policy so I may send it back unless I get some other responses here that disagree.