• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil #1

9 posts in this topic

Says it also has tape on it. You'll likely have to spend on someone professional to remove that and the color touch to avoid the restored grade.

You can contact the CCS Pressing service to see what they might be able to do as they offer restoration removal. I'd get an assessment from them.

https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/

You might get an unrestored grade, but it won't bump the grade up at all.

9 minutes ago, RhialtoTheMarvellous said:

Says it also has tape on it. You'll likely have to spend on someone professional to remove that and the color touch to avoid the restored grade.
You can contact the CCS Pressing service to see what they might be able to do as they offer restoration removal. I'd get an assessment from them.
https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/

You might get an unrestored grade, but it won't bump the grade up at all.

Nailed it.

C-1 = Poor + Slight. It could mean pieces being removed for the restoration to be gone.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:09 PM, Adam Moore said:

I was so pumped to get this back, Got it today and restored label. Ugh. Worth sending it off to get the color touch removed and start all over again? I have $900 into it.

Daredevil 1.jpg

Daredevil 5.jpg

Sadly, it would not be worth it, especially since removing the restoration would mean a lower grade.

So. here's the math. Your best case scenario is you'd be spending an additional $100-150 to get a 2.0 Universal label, so you'd be at $1000.

And a 2.0 Universal label is worth around $850. 

You'r better off selling this one and using that money to buy a Universal copy instead. Let someone else think they can improve on this comic.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Sadly, it would not be worth it, especially since removing the restoration would mean a lower grade.

So. here's the math. Your best case scenario is you'd be spending an additional $100-150 to get a 2.0 Universal label, so you'd be at $1000.

And a 2.0 Universal label is worth around $850. 

You'r better off selling this one and using that money to buy a Universal copy instead. Let someone else think they can improve on this comic.

Agreed. Sell it on ebay and say "Never pressed. Never read!!! @@@WOW!!!" in the listing :nyah:

Just kidding about the last part, but I do agree it doesn't make financial sense to throw more money at it. Selling and cutting your losses is the best option. 

It's always frustrating when the PLOD arises.  I'm always reminded of when I bought a Boy Commandos #8 out of town and the seller said nothing about resto,  I was so upset to spot obvious color-touch when I opened the book back at home.  That was nearly 30 years ago, and one of the few older comics I've not kept (sold with disclosure and lost some $$).  Now that there's a removal option, I wish I'd kept the book.