• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever gotten a warning or a strike

29 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Don’t start a selling thread today that you won’t be having until tomorrow 

what does it mean 'post a single book'?  If a book is posted then its a sale, right?  What does announcement that isnt an announcement mean?  If its not an announcement then its a sale and thats ok, right?

Edited by kav

Here's an example. Occasionally, people would start a sales thread at say 1pm with no books posted for sale and then say something to the effect of books will be posted starting at 8pm. This annoyed some boardies because it was like hyping your sales thread without actually selling anything. The Announcements thread was started as a way to curb this. Use the announcement thread to declare what you would be selling instead of starting what amounted to a delayed sales thread in the selling forum thus taking up front page space with nothing. This happened quite a bit in the 'old days' and still does occur.

Then, some Einstein decided that a way to game/manipulate the system was to start one of these threads and post a single book for sale stating that the rest of the books would be posted later. :facepalm: 

Edited by Grandmaster B

4 minutes ago, Dolt said:

You put up a beat POS and ask $1 million for it. Then you advertise your other books that will be listed later.

Ok I'm starting to understand-but why not just list all your books at once?  Whats the upside of starting a bogus listing?

"Hi guys-new to the forum-what do you think of these books?  I got em from my sister's dad's uncle's cousin and I know nothing abt comic books-"

1 hour ago, kav said:

"Hi guys-new to the forum-what do you think of these books?  I got em from my sister's dad's uncle's cousin and I know nothing abt comic books-"

“What do you guys think is the best way to sell these?“

I typically respond with...

”Post a thread in comics general for maximum exposure to help solicit offers via PM.  

Oh wait...”

The best are the guys that list all these supposed great books but go silent when asked to provide pics.