• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting letter page info on label
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have seen on some labels a notation when someone had their letter published in a book(letter from ___ ___).Usually someone who latter on became involved in comic biz or a celebrity.I had a letter published in a marvel team up book in 1976 and was wondering if I sent it in to be graded can I request a notation on the label about my letter(letter from __ __)?

Thanks

• Administrator

Good morning,

I have heard back from our graders on this and they advise that we only mention public figure types in our permanent key comments. However, we have put comments like that in our label text field for the few customers that have kindly requested them from time to time if they've notated it on the book with a post-it when submitting. This is done at the graders discretion, however.  If you would like them to notate something like this on your label, please note it on your packing slip and also on a post-it note that you attach to the outer sleeve of your book.  

If you have any questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.  Thanks!

Thanks again. I am preparing to move forwards and have additional questions(sorry).I have this book in a cgc graded copy,do I send it in for a reholder or do I need to have it cracked open and regraded?if the reason behind it needing to be cracked open is only to verify my name in the letter page can I make a copy of the letter page from a raw copy I have and attach to paperwork and reholder instead? lastly should I attach some form of identification such as a copy of an old drivers license with my name and matching address?

• Administrator

Good morning,

You can request that with a reholder.  We would not have to regrade the whole book.  You would want to keep it in the CGC holder and we will crack it out here.  You can include any additional supplemental information that you feel the graders might need to confirm the information. 

Thank you!