• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What documention is required for a pedigree label?

2 posts in this topic

I have three books that were sold to me as being from recognized pedigrees, and am strongly considering submitting all three for grading.  I was wondering, though, what was required to prove that the books were actually from those pedigrees.  One was a Gaines File Copy issue of Mad Magazine from the 80's, which I bought from Metropolis; the magazine bag has a printed label (the usual one from the seller) that states it's a Gaines File Copy.  Another is a National Lampoon from the John G. Fantucchio collection from MyComicShop; all I have for that book is a screenshot of the original listing from the seller's website stating the pedigree.  Finally, I have a issue of Panic from the Don & Maggie Thompson collection I purchased from another board member; that I have a certificate of authenticity for but the coa has no security features and I don't think it lists the specific book.

Would any of those be enough for me to get the pedigree label on the books if I were to submit them?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  If you haven't already, you should check out the Pedigree section of our website. This page will provide you with a complete listing of all the current Pedigrees we attribute as well as the Pedigree criteria. You can find that page here:  CGC Pedigrees  If you believe you have a book that falls into one of these pedigrees, you should notate that on your order form and include any supporting documentation you might have, such as an auction listing, a receipt, etc.  I do not know if the information you mentioned in your post above will be sufficient but I would include whatever you have (or copies of) and our graders will then do the research when the book arrives here.  The final determination on whether a book would receive the pedigree will be up to the graders.

If you have any questions, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or by email at submissions@cgccomics.com.  Thank you!