• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK MOVIE ??? RELEASE DATE

25 posts in this topic

they made a BIG mistake not bringing back BIG louie ferrigno to play the hulk!

Your kidding right?.....Lou is only like 6 ft (and old) the Hulk needs to be just that, a HULK, were talking at least 12 ft, and not just look like a Big Body Builder.......From what i've seen it's going ot be great!!! I hope the movie has more to the story than just "Hulk Smash" I always liked the Banner side of the story, him fighting his inner Hulk demon

lou does have a cameo

I always liked the Banner side of the story, him fighting his inner Hulk demon

Yep, look for this movie to be more of a classical tragedy than a contemporary superhero flick. From what I can decipher, there will not be a traditional super-villain, and the movie will focus on the relationships between Hulk, Banner, and Betty. I've heard some interesting rumors about the role of Banner's father (Nolte), but who know's what's true... confused.gif

Was that before his arrest?

Too funny! wink.gif I don't know, but if they were looking for a somewhat disheveled, alcoholic to play the role, they found the right guy! I just hope they didn't make him angry when they arrested him...

I always liked the Banner side of the story, him fighting his inner Hulk demon

We can only hope this is true. Having Ang Lee as the director leads me to believe that it will be more of this than "Hulk Smash". I'm thinking that there will be very minimal scenes with the Hulk actually in them, and that's a good thing.

The movie would be much more compelling if the Hulk is barely in it (plus, even w/ today's effects, a totally CGI'd Hulk could look corny if shown too much - part of what made Jaws such a great film was the tension in not seeing the shark for so long). Maybe show Banner beginning to transform, cut to the next scene showing the destruction the Hulk has caused. But, then again, I'm not directing, so who knows? confused.gif

Chris

Lou is only like 6 ft (and old) the Hulk needs to be just that, a HULK, were talking at least 12 ft, and not just look like a Big Body Builder
You're way off on the height; Marvel's bio at the hyperlink below refers to him being 5' 9" as Banner and around 7 feet as Hulk. You're definitely right about Ferrigno not being able to fill out the 1000+ pounds they say he is after Hulking out!

http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm?id=16&family=HULK

12 feet freaked me out--that's out of human size and into giraffe size! 7 feet means it's possible for a human to play it if they could bulk him up somehow--Shaquille O'Neal as the Hulk!!!

>>>>>they made a BIG mistake not bringing back BIG louie ferrigno to play the hulk!>>>>>

Right and they made the same mistake by not asking back Adam West for "Batman".

What Ferrigno did for the Hulk TV series was just fine but that was decades ago and that was also TV.They routinely filmed him at low angles (and slow-mo)to make him look taller and more massive.It totally makes sense to have the new Hulk as a CG because,simply put there is no human on earth qualified for the job.

>>>>>.....corny if shown too much - part of what made Jaws such a great film was the tension in not seeing the shark for so long).>>>>>

Actually,"not seeing the shark for so long" came about by default rather than design."Bruce" kept on malfunctioning so much that Spielberg decided to use him for only the very key scenes,thus adopting the "Hitchcock" method of suspense.

Seeing a CG'd Hulk should not come off as corny(unless it's of the "Scooby Doo" type-which I seriously doubt).Plus you have to remember one thing-what you're seeing in the previews is no doubt a work in progress.There's probably going to be some bits that don't even make it into the final cut.Motion Pictures,on average,are put into production up to a year before they're actually released.The trailer with the Hulk doing his thing(not the teaser with Banner and the house) was probably smacked out more than six months ago,so,what you see isn't necessarily so,for the movie.

Ang Lee is not the type to attach himself to just any old movie-the man is selective,even if that degree of selectivity translates into low name recognition(and,even if one of his movies did have *ick* "San Diegos own Jewel".

(We Alaskans were sooooo proud...NOT!!!!)

I suspect that we're going to see a highly intelligent,introspective,soulful,movie that's wearing it's heart on it's sleeve.If the word "Comic Book" doesn't surface in the reviews,that will be a good thing,because the above term is, often more than not,used derisively and in a patronizing manner.

"Remember in the game of life,YOU are the contestant!"

Does anyone know why they started promoting this thing.....like.....70 years ago? My grandparents told me about going to see some of the very first "talkies" and seeing them advertising this frickin' movie. mad.gif

Don't get me wrong.....I'm going to go see it.......but it's not because they started advertising it so far in advance.........that just ticked me off.