• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Small grail acquired- part 2: HAPPY ENDING!

13 posts in this topic

Those of you who read my first SGA post will hopefully find this even cooler.

After finding out that the great Tim Truman would sell me his latest piece of lyric art he did for the last Grateful Dead Almanac, I got a little bold. I told him in an email that while I loved the art and it will be part of my collection (at the CGC office) forever, I also told him it was not my favorite GD lyric. I also told him that my daughter and I would love to have one (or more) for our home of a song we both love. Mr Truman emailed back, told me he had one due for the GD almanac in a little over a week, asked what songs my daughter and I liked best, and to send some jpegs of Rachel with the list.

This morning he emailed me with the latest masterpiece for the next GD Almanac and, not only is it one of mine and Rachel's favorite songs: Standing On The Moon (great lyric- "Lovely view of heaven, but i'd rather be with you.") but he also put Rachel in it. I am sooooooo blown away! My two favorite things: the Grateful Dead and comics combined with the most precious person in my world!

Anyway, here it is. The two pieces will be side by side. Anyone who wants to get the next GD Almanac just for the art (it's free) just sign up at: http://www.dead.net/almanac.html

astandingonthemoonjpeg0mf.jpg

b1standingonthemoonjpeg5tr.jpg

This will be in my hands in about 2 weeks, I can't wait to see Rachels face when it gets here yay.gif

Not really a grail, but after this last weekend at Mikes(cgcfan) get together, and Alberto1975 awesome Greg Land OA that I saw, I knew I had to have me one. Just closed the deal on this one

uff2216.jpg

That is a matter of preferance, personally I cant stomach Kirby art crazy.gif, and I bought this with leftover cash from recent sales yay.gif

Thats how all my future ebay purchases will be.

No more out of Pocket expences ever. If I cant cover purchase from sales then I let it slide.