• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Real or Not you decide

25 posts in this topic

well here it is , let me know your decision and why or why not it is real or not real!!

lets see what you guys think. 921047-act2211.jpg

Why do you think it's fake? Is this referenced in an earlier thread? Looks nice to me, but I'm hardly a judge.

they're grades look to low to be fakes and I don't believe I have heard of a fake Action Comics # 7 or # 10 the 1 and 7 bloth look like they have been retored in some way not all of the colors match the # 10 doesn't look restored though. Back cover scans would help as well. Just out of curosity why do you think they are fake.

well here it is , let me know your decision and why or why not it is real or not real!!

lets see what you guys think. 921047-act2211.jpg

The front cover picture is a Fake or a Franken-Cover

1) The left side of the comic is missing artwork like it was trimmed and the sealed to a back cover as you can see the white edge

2) There is some extra art on the right side

3) the bottom shadow is wrong

4) The paper looks more like a paper cover than a glossy cover

This is genuine. I can't see the difference.

921312-733555-421349-action1.jpg

Look at the shadow right of the shadow under the tire. You might want to check in the heritage archives, because the picture you are showing was either cut short, rounded, or trimmed as the shadow is barley present.

This is genuine. I can't see the difference.

921312-733555-421349-action1.jpg

Look at the shadow right of the shadow under the tire. You might want to check in the heritage archives, because the picture you are showing was either cut short, rounded, or trimmed as the shadow is barley present.

I really can't see it. I know my picture is genuine as I took it - it's Ian Levine's copy.

action 7 and 10 or real 100% both with resto! Action 1 was my attempt at having an action 1 , inside is done on actual newsprint/comic book interior paper took years to find this paper, just can not seem to find right type of gloss paper for cover,so I used 40 year old very light sheen paper.

Darren if you saw this book in person you would be very impressed.

wants action #1 very , very , very low grade.

Action 1 was my attempt at having an action 1 , inside is done on actual newsprint/comic book interior paper took years to find this paper, just can not seem to find right type of gloss paper for cover,so I used 40 year old very light sheen paper.

Very interesting! How did you do the printing itself?

used this unique paper for interior would rather not say where it is from, the first cover paper was very low sheen 40 year old paper, the picture shown below was next attempt at trying to perfect 65 year old looking cover , which paper is from an old book from the early fifties went to the flea market looked for the right kind of feel and bought some very old books, and here is the action comics #1 that I have now! 921619-act2111.JPG

921619-act2111.JPG.27080a6c2edfaaa650e3f018e7da8787.JPG

Very resourceful. But is the printing itself done with a color desktop computer printer, a color copier, or by some other process? Just curious. And are the interiors with the correct printed contents as well?

I've often thought how cool it would be to have a "replica" of a golden age key myself. Something you weren't afraid to read and yet captured the look and feel of the original in the way that the Archives can't.

Too bad it'd be difficult for DC to produce something like that (in terms of golden age size and paper stocks) without having it be used by some as a counterfeit of the original. I admire your do-it-yourself solution. Capturing the feeling of reading the material in its original form is one of the big reasons why I collect.

the interior is the right content , the machine i use is a laser copier , it is not the machine it is the paper that makes it look, feel and smell vintage, what did you think of the last scan i posted of action 1, USING real old cover stock makes it more authentic, but getting the cover stock is not the hard part it is getting interior pages right and i finally did after years of searching for just the right paper, i will never own a real action 1 but i do have superman #1 and all the other action comics with superman on them up until and including 24 all 100% real most with resto but who cares!