• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else experiencing difficulty paying CGC?

3 posts in this topic

For months now I've had books sitting in a box in my office, wanting to submit them to CGC,  I got a bill from them recently on my card, so I presumed I was current as a member.  But on the site it shows I am a "free" member.  I tried to upgrade, putting in all my information, but the site keeps insisting this field or that is "required" even after the field is filled in.  I called to speak to a person and asked if I could give my card information over the phone and was told it can only be done online.  And that I should try using a different browser.  I have used as many browsers as I can think of and all of them do the same thing.  I put in all the fields and then it won't go to the next step because fields are "required" even after they are filled in.  

I finally requested that I simply be sent forms in the mail, and was told that'd be done.  But it has been well more than a month, and more likely two, and I haven't received the forms.  Thinking perhaps the glitches have now been repaired, I went online again, trying to pay them money to upgrade the membership.  And again I get the same required fields messages for fields that are filled in.  
Anyone else having this experience?   Any thoughts about what is going on?  How to correct it?

13 hours ago, bluechip said:

For months now I've had books sitting in a box in my office, wanting to submit them to CGC,  I got a bill from them recently on my card, so I presumed I was current as a member.  But on the site it shows I am a "free" member.  I tried to upgrade, putting in all my information, but the site keeps insisting this field or that is "required" even after the field is filled in.  I called to speak to a person and asked if I could give my card information over the phone and was told it can only be done online.  And that I should try using a different browser.  I have used as many browsers as I can think of and all of them do the same thing.  I put in all the fields and then it won't go to the next step because fields are "required" even after they are filled in.  

I finally requested that I simply be sent forms in the mail, and was told that'd be done.  But it has been well more than a month, and more likely two, and I haven't received the forms.  Thinking perhaps the glitches have now been repaired, I went online again, trying to pay them money to upgrade the membership.  And again I get the same required fields messages for fields that are filled in.  
Anyone else having this experience?   Any thoughts about what is going on?  How to correct it?

It doesn't sound like my stupidity.  I don't have auto-renew so when my membership renewal was coming, I tried a few times to pay with credit card and kept getting an error or reject (cannot remember).  So I get worried that my CC had been jeopardized and called.  I was told all looked good and they told me, are you sure they accept Discover.  

Duh' - no they don't so I switch to my Visa and no problems.  

I don't think the CGC site gave me a specific message that Discover was not accepted when I submitted the information but I do think it says somewhere on the site.  

9 hours ago, telerites said:

It doesn't sound like my stupidity.  I don't have auto-renew so when my membership renewal was coming, I tried a few times to pay with credit card and kept getting an error or reject (cannot remember).  So I get worried that my CC had been jeopardized and called.  I was told all looked good and they told me, are you sure they accept Discover.  

Duh' - no they don't so I switch to my Visa and no problems.  

I don't think the CGC site gave me a specific message that Discover was not accepted when I submitted the information but I do think it says somewhere on the site.  

I tried using the same amex card which they used to charge me for something only a few weeks prior before they sent me a book I'd given them at comic con.  So it wasn't the card, since it was already on file (and I thought also on auto-renew)