• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Pricing

6 posts in this topic

Been all over this site and Google search as well and I cannot get a definitive answer or figure out for myself how CGC charges. I see the basic prices for grading and pressing a book but nothing about CGC charging a percentage of a books overall worth. This is something I read via Google and I do not even know if it is true. I do not really understand the Tier pricing. Does CGC charge based on the books overall value? And is it based on the value post Graded and Sealed? If so, how is that value determined? I have a Bone First Printing #1 and an ASM 300 that  I would like to send in. Currently a BONE #1 CGC 9,8 is listed at $9,000 on eBay(although it has been there for several months with no bids). As well, on the form there is a "Declared Value" box and despite watching several youtube videos on the subject I am still confused as to what I put here. Any help? Thanks

Well I have NO IDEA how CGC determines the fair market value they use to calculate charges for services, but it looks like a CGC 9.6 of the FIRST printing of BONE #1 SOLD on Ebay September 13 for ~$2500. 

Have you posted images of your copy here to get an idea of whether it's a 9+ grade candidate? 

In case you aren't aware, you can use the ebay 'advanced' options to search for SOLD items so you can see what things are actually selling for, not only what vendors are asking for them ;)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bone-1-CGC-9-6-NM-White-Pages-1991-Cartoon-Books-1st-Print-Jeff-Smith-NETFLIX/143732535726?hash=item21772071ae:g:k6UAAOSwbp9fW~Mq

What condition is yours in?  It looks like a lower grade raw copy also sold recently for ~$900.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by StreetPreacher

CGC Tier/Value is set to cover the insurance of the book(s) when they are in their possession. You can enter any amount that you feel is adequate. If CGC feels that your entered value is too low they may bump your book to a different tier and charge accordingly....