• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just another trash "Facebook group" sales listing

7 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

So wait. I can pay $350 over market for the chance to maybe come out $150 ahead in a few months?

Screenshot_20200920-133513.thumb.png.2a16fcb5f4088f325271289c8e844ec2.png

I of course had to be snarky and ask if there was a return option if it stayed a 9.6 on regrade.

I think that’s a fair request. (shrug)

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

I guess its the risk imbalance.

Seller is risking $150 profit

buyer is risking $350 loss

If it was $250 both ways I wouldnt bat am eye at it.

It's worse than that-the odds are weighted to it staying a 9.6, since it was already graded 9.6.

If someone wants to pay it (shrug)

I don't know what to tell you anymore.  There was someone in one of those groups asking if MCS was okay to buy from... 

Then today in a GI Joe group there was someone laughing at the price of a GI Joe $50 exclusive boxed set that sold out in April.  Seller offered it for $100.  The first guy laughed at the price.  Within a period of 7 minutes three people claimed it and two others marked themselves down for backup claims in case the sale fell through. 

Who can explain it.

I listed two GI Joe figures for $40 in a facebook group.  I had one tire kicker asking me to take $30.  I simultaneously listed it on eBay for $55 OBO...  Instantly three people watching and one person just took it for $55. 

Again... (shrug)  I cannot explain why people pay what they will.  I know why I pay what I do... 

To be realistic anyone outside of our group would think that even spending $250 on that is insane.