• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rejected Pre-Screens Question

8 posts in this topic

Dumb question, haven't been able to find the answer....can you send back the pre-screens that were rejected as is (meaning the barcode on the plastic bag).  I want to send some back for the hell of it not minding what the grade is, i don't feel like ordering extra bags to re-bag just for this reason...also lazy as hell.

any help would be great

1 hour ago, Deuceboi said:

Dumb question, haven't been able to find the answer....can you send back the pre-screens that were rejected as is (meaning the barcode on the plastic bag).  I want to send some back for the hell of it not minding what the grade is, i don't feel like ordering extra bags to re-bag just for this reason...also lazy as hell.

any help would be great

Yeah, you can send them in. I would try and peel that barcode sticker off if you can, or go over it with a sharpie just in case.

2 hours ago, Deuceboi said:

any help would be great

FYI, people have sometimes gotten the grade they screened for the second time around, so it would be very much in your favour if you used new bags when sending them to get graded this time.

Edit -- sorry, this reply somehow ended up in the wrong thread-- belonged in the 9.0 vs.9.8 topic.

From the time I became condition-conscious in the mid-'70s (before that I thought of comics as one would a copy of Time magazine or whatever), I was always seeking the best new copy I could find -- and that pretty much included all the attributes we're all seeking, like cover-centering, lack of spine stress, sharp corners, and clean bindery cut.

It wasn't long before I became aware of the term "Pristine Mint" for comics (I always thought of "Gem Mint" as better suited to other collectibles, for some reason).  This upped my game to an extent, and with no LCS available to me, spinner racks were less-than-ideal sources.  (Like Overstreet used to have in his guides, find out when the comics arrive and drop by as soon as possible to avoid rack-damaged issues.)

So I tend to think of VF+ to NM-M as really great for pre-1975, but generally I want practically flawless copies from '75-up.  My search for Pristine Mint of course oftentimes will fall short of a 9.8, but usually not by much.

Edited by EC Star&Bar

yea i mean if its not going to be a 9.8 i just want them to grade it for what it is..i dont expect a 9.8....but yes i have also heard people re-bag and re-prescreen they get the grade they want...i dont care about the grade for this second round

33 minutes ago, Deuceboi said:

yes i have also heard people re-bag and re-prescreen they get the grade they want...

Personal experience with this...many times. In fact, I have a few 9.8s coming back right now that were rejected from a 9.8 ps a few months ago.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, Deuceboi said:

yea i mean if its not going to be a 9.8 i just want them to grade it for what it is..i dont expect a 9.8....but yes i have also heard people re-bag and re-prescreen they get the grade they want...i dont care about the grade for this second round

I didn't mean to represcreen, just to rebag. Just in case you get higher.

Also if you dont care about the grade, then why waste money getting them graded? Doesn't make much sense.

2 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I didn't mean to represcreen, just to rebag. Just in case you get higher.

Also if you dont care about the grade, then why waste money getting them graded? Doesn't make much sense.

i hate that question...but for display a cgc slab looks better than a frame to me...and in the event i want to sell these id rather list it as a specific grade number than try to explain to people in me estimating if its a mint/fine very fine etc...