• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Academy 1
3 3

20 posts in this topic

Good point, I've reached out to their customer service and have asked if it's possible to exchange or return.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

Not worth grading

Would likely sell for just as much raw. I would consider returning the book if unsatisfied

That’s unfortunate.  I got my four copies from them and they graded 9.8.  Someone at the store wasn’t paying attention.  Hopefully they can help, but that book is hard to find now.  GL.(thumbsu

1 minute ago, Deadpoolica said:

To me, it looks like a manufacturing defect....but, seems like no one else sees it that way so far  :insane:

Stop being logical...manufacturing defect is just plain vanilla...we’re gathering pitchforks...:baiting:

seriously, this may be the case but if it still presents “less” than grade for you, it won’t hurt to ask

good luck

I imagine yours didn't have this crazy stuff all along the spine. That's pretty awesome all 4 of them hut 9.8 though!

7 hours ago, Galen130 said:

That’s unfortunate.  I got my four copies from them and they graded 9.8.  Someone at the store wasn’t paying attention.  Hopefully they can help, but that book is hard to find now.  GL.(thumbsu

On 9/23/2020 at 4:12 PM, Galen130 said:

Just curious.... did you have them pressed? 

8 hours ago, TCan said:

They said all of the copies had some of this in one way or another but they'd give me 25% off. Sound fair?

Better than nothing I guess.  Like I mentioned before, that variant is getting hard to find raw so I’d go for it.  Getting a 9.8 will be tough though. (thumbsu

5 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Better than nothing I guess.  Like I mentioned before, that variant is getting hard to find raw so I’d go for it.  Getting a 9.8 will be tough though. (thumbsu

Yes. As long as you can be happy with the possibility that this will grade lower than anticipated.

I think manufacturing defect is kind of what they were saying when they said all of their books had it so maybe it's not super bad, just looks bad. I got my 25% back, so I'm happy. Probably won't grade it though.