• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 1966 Marvel Mini Books SOLD

19 posts in this topic

:hi:

I've been buying and selling on the forums since 2013 and other online marketplaces since 1999. See kudos link in my signature for references. 

Shipping to the USA with Priority Mail is $9.90 flat for 1-3 sets. Sorry, no international shipping at this time. Will be shipped double-boxed.

Payment via PayPal Goods and Services only, due within 24 hours of claiming. An invoice to pay from will be sent to your supplied email address. 

No people on any Hall of Shame or Probation Lists. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I don’t feel comfortable selling to - whether they be on a list, they have a poor reputation of not paying, history of scamming others online etc. This has never had to happen so far, but just a friendly note to cover myself.

No returns unless I happen to have missed something, and we can work it out. I don't foresee that happening but I try to be easy to work with and practice the Golden Rule in general. 

First  :takeit: posted in the thread by timestamp claims an item. 

Enough of the fine print.

Edited by Rhymenoceros

All books appear to be unread/unopened. The bindings are known to be very fragile and well-loved and these are very nice copies.

More info here:
https://taint-the-meat.com/2017/01/16/marvel-mini-books/

Each mini book is contained in a stamp size mylar pouch, attached with archival photo-rated mounting squares onto to a Silver size 60pt ComicProLine clear backer board so both sides are easily viewable. The set was then placed inside a Silver age Mylites2 mylar, then into a Golden age toploader with a dust protector on the top edge, and lastly into a photo-rated clear bag. Probably the closest thing you're going to see to a CGC Slab of the full sets of these books at one time. 

Sorry any reflections in the photos - they are very reflective in direct light, much like a slab. Display stand not included.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Edited by Rhymenoceros

3 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Each mini book is contained in a stamp size mylar pouch, attached with archival photo-rated mounting squares onto to a Silver size 60pt ComicProLine clear backer board so both sides are easily viewable. The set was then placed inside a Silver age Mylites2 mylar, then into a Golden age toploader with a dust protector on the top edge, and lastly into a photo-rated clear bag. Probably the closest thing you're going to see to a CGC Slab of the full sets of these books at one time. 

Sorry any reflections in the photos - they are very reflective in direct light, much like a slab. Display stand not included.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an anal retentive nerd where it comes to packaging and storage of comics. This is far and away the nicest presentation of these I have ever seen.

Maybe you have some ideas for a Kellogg's Pep Cereal pin set?

13 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I am an anal retentive nerd where it comes to packaging and storage of comics. This is far and away the nicest presentation of these I have ever seen.

I purchased a set earlier this year and the presentation and books are just fantastic. I couldn't be happier with them. Highly recommend.

Edited by Jginsberg79

18 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Thanks @MrBedrock. I could be called the same :bigsmile:. I sized these so they were comic sized with the backing boards, and so they can be stored in CGC boxes - I should have mention that too. These are kept right alongside slabs. Perfect fit width-wise. 

Hmm, let me think on the cereal pin sets. I bet something similar could be adapted. How many pins are in the collection you're trying to present? 

1 minute ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Thanks @MrBedrock. I could be called the same :bigsmile:. I sized these so they were comic sized with the backing boards, and so they can be stored in CGC boxes - I should have mention that too. These are kept right alongside slabs. Perfect fit width-wise. 

Hmm, let me think on the cereal pin sets. I bet something similar could be adapted. How many pins are in the collection you're trying to present? 

I don't want to derail your thread. There are about 80 pinbacks in the set. PM me if you have any ideas. I'd really appreciate the help. And good luck with your sale!

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

I don't want to derail your thread. There are about 80 pinbacks in the set. PM me if you have any ideas. I'd really appreciate the help. And good luck with your sale!

No worries! Yeah, send me a PM if you'd like or I'll do so if I think of anything. It would be cool to see them too. 

6 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

What a neat-o display that was done by CGC. It's first time to see them in a holder.

I heard about the mini books but not the cases. Thanks for showing them here.

:hi: I actually created the displays. Thank you for the compliment. I have some notes about the process up above, if interested. Thanks for stopping by! 

38 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

:hi: I actually created the displays. Thank you for the compliment. I have some notes about the process up above, if interested. Thanks for stopping by! 

I am impressed.  Yes, I read your notes but I was not sure if you made them. Great job!

Edited by JollyComics