• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing...

5 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

Quickpress for 8 dollars or Press for 12 dollars. Whats the difference? And is it worth an extra 4 bucks a book?

Do yourself a favor and do some research on pressing options that are not connected to CGC. Don't simply go for the in-house option because it seems like the easy or obvious choice

6 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

I am sure I can find the answer to this question somewhere on this board but....well, I am just lazy, so I will ask it here.

Quickpress for 8 dollars or Press for 12 dollars. Whats the difference? And is it worth an extra 4 bucks a book?

If your book has the hint of a spine roll, or a visible crease, then yes it's 100% worth the extra 4 bucks. A quick press means your book goes through the press only once and if any creases remain then so be it. It's meant to simply remove any bends you may see on the corners or straighten out some minor overhang and make the book appear flat. It's usually used on a book that looked impeccable when sent in but that you want to press "quickly" just in case you fear anything happened during shipping. 

I myself have only ever used the full press since the only modern books I sent in were for signings and there is no quick press option (I'd take it if I could).

Edited by William-James88