• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars #2 August 1977 35c variant help

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm going through some comics I had when I was a kid in the late 70s / early 80s. It appears it is mostly low value stuff, but I came across a Star Wars #2 August 1977 35c and from what I can tell this one may be worth something. I can't tell that it is a reprint. Can someone confirm and let me know thoughts on grade and value? I have this as F/VF but I'm not an expert. The book is nice and flat and the binding is fairly tight as it doesn't lay flat when opened. Minor wear and tear, I don't know that I ever read this and it's been in storage for 40 years. Thanks!

1.jpg

4.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  We cannot grade something based on a picture.  All grading is done here in our office so you would need to submit the book to us.  You can find out more about how to do this on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/how-to-submit/

Also, CGC does not value comics so we could not advise you on a value for your book, even after grading.  You might want to take the book to a comics dealer and they could appraise it for you.  You can find a listing of authorized CGC dealers on our website here: https://www.cgccomics.com/services/dealerlisting.aspx

Thank you!

On 9/25/2020 at 5:18 PM, kevro222 said:

Hello, I'm going through some comics I had when I was a kid in the late 70s / early 80s. It appears it is mostly low value stuff, but I came across a Star Wars #2 August 1977 35c and from what I can tell this one may be worth something. I can't tell that it is a reprint. Can someone confirm and let me know thoughts on grade and value? I have this as F/VF but I'm not an expert. The book is nice and flat and the binding is fairly tight as it doesn't lay flat when opened. Minor wear and tear, I don't know that I ever read this and it's been in storage for 40 years. Thanks!

1.jpg

4.jpg

thats a 35 cent variant for sure as for value dont really know but a graded 5.5 sold for 700 and yours looks close to a 5.5 so yeah congrats