• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 244 - Graded photo added
3 3

21 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought it might be based on reading stuff online, but then I started reading about "dust shadows" too, and thought maybe it can be that? Not sure if it really makes a difference either way, and it's not completely clear how far it affects the overall grade based on the info I can find. Seems crazy that a smallish defect like that on the back can take it from potentially an 8.5-9.0 down to a 6.5, but I realize they grade the whole book, not just the cover.

I'm not the original owner; I bought it slabbed. I can still get the notes for $5, which I might do, but I might wait to do that if there ever comes a time that I'd consider selling it. For now, I just love having it and looking at it -  it's so pretty... xD

I love that book. My favorite Adams cover. I bought it from the stands when I was a kid. Best Bat storyline from the 1970's, too. Introducing us to Ra's Al Ghul. I have a SS 9.0. It should be a classic cover but it isn't. Batman #9 should be too but it isn't. Iconic, I guess they would call them. LOL!

You have a nice looking 244. Sun or dust shadow adds to the provenance. Like date stamps or a well placed kids name.

Edited by Randall Ries