• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

order to read house of m books, and infinite crisis pres?

3 posts in this topic

does anyone know what is the best way to go about reading the house of m books, and also the order to read infinite crisis pres? i have most all of the books from each of the big events, but havn't had a chance to read them until now, and i don't wnana read them in random orders just to confuse me laugh.gif

any help would be great! thanks a lot, bye.

I haven't read House of M outside the main series, but I have read just about every book related to Infinite Crisis thus far. As I wrote yesterday in another thread, there are six main threads of storyline right now:

Identity Crisis 1-7 / JLA 115-120

Omac 1-6 / Sacrifice 1-4

Day of Vengeance 1-6 / JSA 73-76

Villains United 1-6

Rann-Thanagar War 1-6

Return of Donna Troy 1-4

Of course, there are also a handful of individual tie-ins associated with each miniseries (such as Superman 220 ties into Omac towards the end, etc).

So Identity Crisis obviously took place first chronologically, and even though the JLA "Crisis of Conscience" storyline is being released concurrently with the other five stories, I think that chronologically, it took place just after Identity Crisis, and before the other five stories.. As far as Omac, Day, War, Villains and Donna Troy, it seems they all take place more or less concurrently, and they don't really intersect. So your best bet is reading Identity Crisis, and then reading the other series in whatever order you want. I've been reading each issue as it comes out, and it's been fine. No one issue has ruined anything that's occured in any other issue.

I read Identity Crisis 2-7, Omac 1-3, and Sacrifice Part 1 yesterday lol. Identity Crisis was pretty bad IMO, especially since I read Countdown before it :S. Omac, nothing interesting has happened so far, escept end of 3. Sacrifice is awesome, LOVE the Superman staff - just great. I'll read the rest of sacrifice and omac today.