• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the Lowest Price Comics Can Be Slabbed For?

23 posts in this topic

Just now, thehumantorch said:

You had books pressed for $3 each?

I'm not saying your presser is necessarily bad but at that price I have to wonder if he knows what he's doing and if he spends much time on each book.

Well I got some 9.8's  9.6's, etc. etc.  He took his time.  Last round I gave him 30 books and it took him a  week or so to get all those that could benefit from a pressing pressed.  Do I know how things would've turned out without his press?  No.  

When i first submitted books to CGC I did the math and found the $150 membership was my best deal. I had mostly sub-$200 moderns and a few silver age. I think it was 15 books total. Its been a few years now.

This year I’m over 100 books submitted as I plan to sell off a large portion soon. Once again, I got the $150 membership, but I had initially planned about 50 books. It got out of hand a little. I’m still not sure which venue(s) I’m using to sell yet. We didn’t used to have all these selling options!

19 minutes ago, Tafkap said:

Well I got some 9.8's  9.6's, etc. etc.  He took his time.  Last round I gave him 30 books and it took him a  week or so to get all those that could benefit from a pressing pressed.  Do I know how things would've turned out without his press?  No.  

9.8 is a good result.  Pretty hard to know if a different presser could do better but that price is pretty low.  Perhaps he's super good and only presses as a hobby or is just building his business.

I have always trusted Joey and I've always got back some surprisingly good results.  The one time I tried someone else I got back good results but nothing that blew me away so now I stick with Joey.