• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM TTA 44
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm selling a collection of comics on behalf of an original owner, and will be sending about 15 off to CGC (you can see the story in the antique thread); a large number of these books have curvature from improper storage.  There are a couple of books I'm planning on submitting, my question is, how much of a penalty does CGC assign to a book with this deficiency?  I haven't encountered it before.  I added a bunch of pics for reference and tossed in the FF book at the end because that one is very curved!  TIA! :)

IMG-6662.jpg

IMG-6663.jpg

IMG-6661.jpg

IMG-6659.jpg

IMG-6657.jpg

IMG-6664.jpg

IMG-6698 (1).jpg

6 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

we are gonna need more close up pics on the tta and for the FF make another post because its one comic per post

I'm really trying to get feedback on how the 'curve' of these comics would affect the grade.  I have a pretty good idea what they would grade without the curves.  

1 minute ago, spreads said:

I'm really trying to get feedback on how the 'curve' of these comics would affect the grade.  I have a pretty good idea what they would grade without the curves.  

Do you plan on pressing? I imagine that a press would remove the curvature entirely.

Otherwise, I probably grade them 0.5 lower with that condition. Maybe more on that FF.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you plan on pressing? I imagine that a press would remove the curvature entirely.

Otherwise, I probably grade them 0.5 lower with that condition. Maybe more on that FF.

Welll

I'm weighing the pros and cons of pressing.  The plan is to sell this collection of four short boxes as one shot - depending on offers.  If the offers are not good enough we'll go the single book route, or strip out the heavyweight book.....this collection will need to be marketed as benefit with pressing because there's a huge chunk of them (Bronze age) that look great except for that curve. 

50 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Pressing will probably help this.  Just depends on your plans...grade to sell or grade to keep.  Is it worth the extra cost...(thumbsu

All books will be marketed for sale; unfortunately I don't have the means to offer FMV for the lot (checkout the other books in the antique thread), otherwise I would 100% just keep in mylars.