• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Guidance

54 posts in this topic

Well, she did say her comics are sorted alphabetically and by issue, so I don't think a list of the first 50 is going to give anyone any real idea of what kind of collection she has. It may give us an idea of how many issues of Action Comics she has, but that's about it.

Yes it will. If the first 50 issues are Action 750-800, for example, that says one thing. If the first 50 issues are Action 450-500, that says something entirely different. A scattering of books won't give a concept as to age, but a 50 issue block will.

I hope the suspense is worth it. smile.gif

Hell, yes! thumbsup2.gif

Although we don't actually get too much excitement around here.

And a lot of boarders don't get out much.

So this is high drama! tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif Im sitting on the edge of my seat! tongue.gif

Hi all...

Ok. so I was too lazy to start the list last night, but came across the Spidey box...all Spidey...all the time.

There are some from the 60's. So, to help in the debate over what I should post and when...if I posted the list of the 1st box I sorted through, they are all 90-Present and the "advice" would reflect that...but...if I only posted the Spidey box with all of these '67-'80 books(over 80 just in this box), the "advice" may be different.

Unless I posted every single book, I think the advice is going to change as I complete the list. But, that is just me being practical. I understand the concept of a sample, but it would be more appropriate if this collection was one I bought whole someplace random or acquired from many places second hand. This collection belongs to one person who collected the majority of this by going to the local comic book store as he grew up. I suspect the junk is going to be some stuff he bought for $2.00 at conventions.

I will not be posting the list until I have catalogued 3 boxes at least. That will be pre grading as I said before.

Y'all have a great day.

P.S. why am I doing all of this work for this person? cuz I am just that type of gal. acclaim.gif or maybe I am screwy.gif

oh...and I am not working...so I have the time.

Ok. so I was too lazy to start the list last night, but came across the Spidey box...all Spidey...all the time....but...if I only posted the Spidey box with all of these '67-'80 books(over 80 just in this box), the "advice" may be different.

The "Spidey box" may be the only box of real value 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so, it is a good idea to start there.

It's always exciting when a new board member has boxes of unknown comics just waiting to be explored grin.gif

you mean lowball-offered and then flipped for multiples of guide yeahok.gif

So, is it a habit of yours to run from thread to thread, putting me down for things I didn't say? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi all...

Ok. so I was too lazy to start the list last night, but came across the Spidey box...all Spidey...all the time.

There are some from the 60's. So, to help in the debate over what I should post and when...if I posted the list of the 1st box I sorted through, they are all 90-Present and the "advice" would reflect that...but...if I only posted the Spidey box with all of these '67-'80 books(over 80 just in this box), the "advice" may be different.

Unless I posted every single book, I think the advice is going to change as I complete the list. But, that is just me being practical. I understand the concept of a sample, but it would be more appropriate if this collection was one I bought whole someplace random or acquired from many places second hand. This collection belongs to one person who collected the majority of this by going to the local comic book store as he grew up. I suspect the junk is going to be some stuff he bought for $2.00 at conventions.

I will not be posting the list until I have catalogued 3 boxes at least. That will be pre grading as I said before.

Y'all have a great day.

P.S. why am I doing all of this work for this person? cuz I am just that type of gal. acclaim.gif or maybe I am screwy.gif

oh...and I am not working...so I have the time.

Well, that makes it relatively easy. Any Spidey below 200 is excellent. Also 238, 239, 252, 298 and 300 are good books.

A relatively good rule of thumb - if the cover price is 35 cents or less, you've got something good. Over that, it will USUALLY be trash. There are obvious exceptions, but that's a good starting point.

Let me preface this post by saying: Not ready to sell anything yet. I still want to price these myself if worthwhile or have them looked at by someone who knows more about grading. When I say good condition, I mean covers are on, pages are no longer white, sturdy pages. Not a grade persay. Dunno how yet. tongue.gif

This list of numbers below is only The Amazing Spiderman. Just Posting Issue#'s. I stopped when it got into 200's for the most part but there were a bout 20 more in the 200's and a few more 300's. There are two of a lot between 175-220. My eyes are tired. If it repeats, there are two. Most are in good condition at a glance. A couple only have tears, etc.

This is a tiring task I have taken upon myself. *looking at the 4 boxes behind her and thinking of the 6 others*EEK! I will start small. My list on excel is of course more complete with names et al with some note on condition. But, I fugure you may know names and I don't want to use bandwith for that..

Also in this box with other Spidey items:

Web of Spiderman Annual(US) Vol. 1 No. 1 and 2, Peter Parker: These have pretty white pages.

The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol.1, No. 1 and 2. I looked these up. Looks like they is worth something. No white pages but in good condition.

Spiderman's Torment: there are about a dozen different one's. One 1-5 set and a couple "collector's Edition's of #1.

53, 54. 68, 70-76, 79, 83, 87, 89, 90, 91, 103, 104, 107, 109, 111, 112,115, 117, 120-128, 128, 130-133, 136-139, 140-148, 148 152-180, 182-220, 223, 226, 242, 250

251, 252, 252, 253, 254, 259, 260, 279, 282, 284, 288-295, 297-309, 311, 312, 312, 317

320, 321, 325, 335 etc...

That's it for now. I'm beat. Plus, I have this 14 year old to register for school and dinner to make. *sigh* I'll do a non Spidey box on Thursday. tomorrow I entertain a friend from London.

Thank you for your guidance and the laughs. smile.gif

Let me preface this post by saying: Not ready to sell anything yet. I still want to price these myself if worthwhile or have them looked at by someone who knows more about grading. When I say good condition, I mean covers are on, pages are no longer white, sturdy pages. Not a grade persay. Dunno how yet. tongue.gif

This list of numbers below is only The Amazing Spiderman. Just Posting Issue#'s. I stopped when it got into 200's for the most part but there were a bout 20 more in the 200's and a few more 300's. There are two of a lot between 175-220. My eyes are tired. If it repeats, there are two. Most are in good condition at a glance. A couple only have tears, etc.

This is a tiring task I have taken upon myself. *looking at the 4 boxes behind her and thinking of the 6 others*EEK! I will start small. My list on excel is of course more complete with names et al with some note on condition. But, I fugure you may know names and I don't want to use bandwith for that..

Also in this box with other Spidey items:

Web of Spiderman Annual(US) Vol. 1 No. 1 and 2, Peter Parker: These have pretty white pages.

The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol.1, No. 1 and 2. I looked these up. Looks like they is worth something. No white pages but in good condition.

Spiderman's Torment: there are about a dozen different one's. One 1-5 set and a couple "collector's Edition's of #1.

53, 54. 68, 70-76, 79, 83, 87, 89, 90, 91, 103, 104, 107, 109, 111, 112,115, 117, 120-128, 128, 130-133, 136-139, 140-148, 148 152-180, 182-220, 223, 226, 242, 250

251, 252, 252, 253, 254, 259, 260, 279, 282, 284, 288-295, 297-309, 311, 312, 312, 317

320, 321, 325, 335 etc...

That's it for now. I'm beat. Plus, I have this 14 year old to register for school and dinner to make. *sigh* I'll do a non Spidey box on Thursday. tomorrow I entertain a friend from London.

Thank you for your guidance and the laughs. smile.gif

That's a nice box. You've got some good stuff in there, should be able to get some good sales on it. Can you describe (or better yet, post a scan) of the Amazing Spider-Man 121 and 122? Those are the highest value books in the lot.