• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Y'know, I don't give a friggin' hoot if you grade my Iron Man #24 or not!

23 posts in this topic

So you listed this one up as a 9.6 and sold it for $24.95.

Wouldn't it have paid off to have it graded by CGC if it was truly a 9.6?

I beg your pardon . . . $24.99 sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

And, to answer your question, No. sumo.gif

The trouble with HG books like this, they are a tough sell, being mid-run in the title with no real key aspects. It's a great book, but not a lot of buyers are searching for "Iron Man #24". insane.gif If I listed this book at $14.99 or $19.99, that's probably what it would have sold at. It is directed at the completionist collector, who knows I have HQ product, that the books are already archived, and are guaranteed delivered without any question as to damage or loss, within one week of purchase, anywhere in the world. Repeat clients are responsible for over %75 of my sales, both on eBay and privately.

Having this slabbed would have been throwing money into CGC's coffers only. I've had numerous 9.4's of siimilar class books that don't even sell for $50 on eBay - where's the economics in that, if CGC gets $35??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif