• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Regrets?

87 posts in this topic

Wow! Daredevil 181 cover, with the key interior pages? That would sell for an ungodly amount today. Likely over 100K, in my opinion.

Yes Hari,..but I am not selling it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi.gif

Oh, for God's sake......will you go away already!!!!

So you think you're Dave Mandel? Well, Dave, we all appreciated you loaning those DD 181 pages to the San Francisco museum last March for the 'comics in movies' gallery they put together. The display looked fantastic, and of course they gave credit to the source.

Were the cover and 2 interior pages still framed together, or did Dave take them out?

So you think you're Dave Mandel? Well, Dave, we all appreciated you loaning those DD 181 pages to the San Francisco museum last March for the 'comics in movies' gallery they put together. The display looked fantastic, and of course they gave credit to the source.

Were the cover and 2 interior pages still framed together, or did Dave take them out?

I'm sure he could answer that, but it would devalue the pages.....

Sigh.

I used to have a collection of 8 Ditko Marvel fantasy splashes--they were the heart of my art collection. Don't remember all of the titles offhand, just some: "Bronson's Brain," "They Met on Mars," "The Search For Pan," "Long Live the King" (I had the other 4 pages of the story as well), and four others. In the mid-90s I had an emergency and suddenly needed a new car, so I sold them all, plus the extra "Long Live the King" story pages, plus one extra Kirby/Ditko fantasy interior page--for a price I was happy with but only a fraction of what it all would be worth today.

Wow! Daredevil 181 cover, with the key interior pages? That would sell for an ungodly amount today. Likely over 100K, in my opinion.

Yes Hari,..but I am not selling it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hi.gif

Oh, for God's sake......will you go away already!!!!

Uh,.....

no.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! Dave Mandel is KrazyKat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screwy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gifscrewy.gif

So where did we leave this? Does anyone know for sure whether Mandel owns the DD #181 *cover* or is it possible that KrazyKat actually owns it? 893whatthe.gif Or that Mandel *is* KrazyKat? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Hey, maybe the guy downed too much absinthe while on the set of Eurotrip and developed a peculiar alter-ego. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We all know KK is off his rocker, but thus far I haven't been able to tell for sure whether he's a complete wackjob with lots of comic art or whether he's an out-and-out fraud. I mean, he says he has the Avengers #4 cover art, the DD #181 cover art, that Romita Spidey cover with the Shocker, etc., but, to the best of my knowledge, no one has been able to prove otherwise. If he's a total charlatan, he's been clever enough thus far not to claim he owns pieces that are known to be in other collections, right?

So, is the jury still out or has the Kat been bagged by the DD #181? confused-smiley-013.gif

So where did we leave this? Does anyone know for sure whether Mandel owns the DD #181 *cover* or is it possible that KrazyKat actually owns it? 893whatthe.gif Or that Mandel *is* KrazyKat? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Hey, maybe the guy downed too much absinthe while on the set of Eurotrip and developed a peculiar alter-ego. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We all know KK is off his rocker, but thus far I haven't been able to tell for sure whether he's a complete wackjob with lots of comic art or whether he's an out-and-out fraud. I mean, he says he has the Avengers #4 cover art, the DD #181 cover art, that Romita Spidey cover with the Shocker, etc., but, to the best of my knowledge, no one has been able to prove otherwise. If he's a total charlatan, he's been clever enough thus far not to claim he owns pieces that are known to be in other collections, right?

So, is the jury still out or has the Kat been bagged by the DD #181? confused-smiley-013.gif

This is the same kind of idiotic [embarrassing lack of self control] that I got hit with over at the autistic forum know as comicart-l. Listen, Perry Mason, why don't you just stick to discussing comicart. David Mandel is David Mandel, there I figured it out for you. Case closed! frustrated.gif

This is the same kind of idiotic [bull#@%*] that I got hit with over at the autistic forum know as comicart-l. Listen, Perry Mason, why don't you just stick to discussing comicart. David Mandel is David Mandel, there I figured it out for you. Case closed! frustrated.gif

Don't like being censored even when it's justified!!!!!!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gifhi.gif

This is the same kind of idiotic [embarrassing lack of self control] that I got hit with over at the autistic forum know as comicart-l. Listen, Perry Mason, why don't you just stick to discussing comicart. David Mandel is David Mandel, there I figured it out for you. Case closed! frustrated.gif

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

First, some elements of my post were clearly tongue-in-cheek. If you can't see that, may I suggest that you trade in some of your comic art for a sense of humor. I've never met David Mandel, but we have numerous mutual acquaintances, so I do know enough about him that he's not actually KrazyKat. makepoint.gif

Second, "Perry Mason"-esque lines of questioning are part of this Board's tradition. In fact, some sleuthing by those more adept at the detective game than I have recently exposed a major restoration scandal in the comic dealer world (see the "FF 3" thread in Comics General) and have uncovered numerous other scams and frauds in the past, so that's not going to change anytime soon. If you expect people here to fall in line and suck your kneecaps because you have a neat-o collection of funny book art, you came to the wrong place. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas, not a big circle jerk - we don't shy away from the tough questions here. sumo.gif

I have kept an open mind about whether or not KK actually owns all of the art that he claims to when others have openly dismissed the possibility. I think if anyone claims to own the DD #181 cover (one of my top 5 all-time faves, by the way), whether it be KrazyKat or Mandel or anyone else, it's fair game for people to ask a few questions to find out if it is true or not. I don't think that's going overboard, especially when KK himself started things by publicly claiming he owns it and others have followed up with their own inquiries. 893naughty-thumb.gif

sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

First, some elements of my post were clearly tongue-in-cheek. If you can't see that, may I suggest that you trade in some of your comic art for a sense of humor. I've never met David Mandel, but we have numerous mutual acquaintances, so I do know enough about him that he's not actually KrazyKat. makepoint.gif

Second, "Perry Mason"-esque lines of questioning are part of this Board's tradition. In fact, some sleuthing by those more adept at the detective game than I have recently exposed a major restoration scandal in the comic dealer world (see the "FF 3" thread in Comics General) and have uncovered numerous other scams and frauds in the past, so that's not going to change anytime soon. If you expect people here to fall in line and suck your kneecaps because you have a neat-o collection of funny book art, you came to the wrong place. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas, not a big circle jerk - we don't shy away from the tough questions here. sumo.gif

I have kept an open mind about whether or not KK actually owns all of the art that he claims to when others have openly dismissed the possibility. I think if anyone claims to own the DD #181 cover (one of my top 5 all-time faves, by the way), whether it be KrazyKat or Mandel or anyone else, it's fair game for people to ask a few questions to find out if it is true or not. I don't think that's going overboard, especially when KK himself started things by publicly claiming he owns it and others have followed up with their own inquiries. 893naughty-thumb.gif

DAN !!!

Now you've done it !!!!!!!!!!!!! You've got Delicatessen going off on one of his pompous 'soap box rants'.

KK

------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY'S DELI MASON MOMENT - "If you expect people here to fall in line and suck your kneecaps because you have a neat-o collection of funny book art, you came to the wrong place".

perrym4.jpg

Now you've done it !!!!!!!!!!!!! You've got Delicatessen going off on one of his pompous 'soap box rants'.

Would that be anything like one of your trademarked "I've Got $10 Million Worth of Comic Art, You Don't, and So Anyone Who Disagrees With Any of My Opinions is An insufficiently_thoughtful_person" * rants? confused-smiley-013.gif

* Not only Trademarked, but patent pending as well.