• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD and CLOSED!

59 posts in this topic

Newly updated summary:

Avengers 89  6.0  OWW; 12 month=$65, Last=$65..........$40

Captain Marvel 26 8.0 OWW; 90 Day=$100, Last=$100..........$75

Jungle Action 5  7.0 OWW; 90 Day=$130, Last=$130.........$90

Tomb of Dracula 13  8.5 WHITE; 90 Day=$114, Last=$114..........$90

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Is take pending scan a real thing? Not trying to be a pot stirrer but it’s essentially take, with the option to change your mind for any reason. And if someone takes without conditions, does that trump the conditional take? And if it does trump it, which seems logical to me, what’s the point of making the conditional claim in the first place? I just find it all very confusing...

As someone newer to the boards, happy to follow etiquette on this but I think it's a good question. Are there established rules? First time I've done it was in this thread seeing others had. I'm truly curious to know.

1 hour ago, allthingskryptonite said:

I would be interested to know this too. 

I'm not opposed to it, but certainly apologize to anyone put off by the use of it in this thread.  I'm unaware of if the practice is frowned upon by the administrators or other board members.

9 minutes ago, makeminemego said:

I'm not opposed to it, but certainly apologize to anyone put off by the use of it in this thread.  I'm unaware of if the practice is frowned upon by the administrators or other board members.

If you plan to list all books individually with price then why post them all in the first post and create confusion on takes? Lots of sellers seem to have fallen into this bad habit lately.

12 minutes ago, Pitboss said:

If you plan to list all books individually with price then why post them all in the first post and create confusion on takes? Lots of sellers seem to have fallen into this bad habit lately.

I believe they want to use the same post as a recap later.

The easy fix that some sellers opt is to prevent any 'take' on a book until the scan has been posted.

I have seen the "post pending scan" used for years here.  To my understanding, it is not frowned upon but I dont speak for everyone.

I do understand why people do it.  I'm not a big fan of books with a miswrap or where the white of the back cover/spine shows.  Many books do have this.  But really, as mentioned in this thread, it does give an "out" to the buyer should they change their mind for any reason

I'm happy to follow along with whatever the board deems as good practice.  

2 hours ago, Pitboss said:

I can guarantee you that the one thing I WON'T do next time is make a list in the first post. My intention was certainly not to confuse anyone. Won't happen again, for the stated reason of not wanting to confuse anyone, and also to avoid having this conversation in my sales thread.  

Thread is SOLD and CLOSED.