• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRICE VARIANT .... ULTRA THREAD ... NEW PICTURES begin on page 32
9 9

759 posts in this topic

Fantastic four

173                                2.5                        10

173                                4.0                        16

173                                7.5                         25

pending scan :takeit:

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

IRON MAN

85                                  8.0                                40

87                                  3.5                                 14

88                                  4.0                                  15

89                                  9.0                                   65

:takeit:

8 minutes ago, crassus said:
30 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm glad I don't have this affliction too..., :eek:

You're just secretly wishing you could take that sweet Marvel's Greatest Comics 64 9.0..... :baiting:

You know me too well - I carp my pants every time I see someone pay hundreds of dollars for a...., wait for it...., reprint.  In a slab, no less. :p

Just now, lizards2 said:

You know me too well - I carp my pants every time I see someone pay hundreds of dollars for a...., wait for it...., reprint.  In a slab, no less. :p

I have a soft spot for collecting the reprint books, when I was young that was my only entry point into the SA backstories....good memories :cloud9:

42 minutes ago, crassus said:
44 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have a soft spot for collecting the reprint books, when I was young that was my only entry point into the SA backstories....good memories :cloud9:

I know, I know.  I had an extensive collection of twenty cent Marvel Tales, Marvel Super-Heroes, Marvel Double Action, etc. that I picked up off the newsstand.  At some point in time, I realized they were all reprints, and I was working on getting all the originals, so the reprints were liquidated. They are interesting as a point-in-time collectible, but they are something I got over. 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, comic_memories said:

Got any Marvel Team-ups ?

They should be in the next box. It takes a week or two to go through a box, they have to be graded, cataloged, photographed, listed, invoiced and then shipped. I should be getting to that one in the week leading up to Christmas. Sorry for the delays, but I also have a full time job. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

They should be in the next box. It takes a week or two to go through a box, they have to be graded, cataloged, photographed, listed, invoiced and then shipped. I should be getting to that one in the week leading up to Christmas. Sorry for the delays, but I also have a full time job. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'd quit your job, Jimmers, and go full throttle with 'da funny books - seems to be more consistently lucrative. :roflmao:

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Is there anything more tedious than this?  Probably, but I know exactly what you mean - it takes forever and a day. :p

14 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I know, I know.  I had an extensive collection of twenty cent Marvel Tales, Marvel Super-Heroes, Marvel Double Action, etc. that I picked up off the newsstand.  At some point in time, I realized they were all reprints, and I was working on getting all the originals, so the reprints were liquidated. They are interesting as a point-in-time collectible, but they are something I got over. 

I've had this exact scenario and conversation with a fellow collector in the past couple of weeks.

We didn't realize those books were reprints when we were young.
What I love about them now are the new covers that they had, plus them being picture frames about half the time.
But it is something very low on the collecting totem pole for me. My friend is in the liquidation phase of his reprints.

(apologies for the threat hijack, Jim!)

16 hours ago, lizards2 said:

This must have been before you “moved on” to cheap girls romance comics you now buy here?
D11B134C-0FC1-4673-BCEA-291CE70371A8.jpeg.d8a6c4f3698c75e439506d6c3a56a093.jpeg

2 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

I've had this exact scenario and conversation with a fellow collector in the past couple of weeks.

We didn't realize those books were reprints when we were young.
What I love about them now are the new covers that they had, plus them being picture frames about half the time.
But it is something very low on the collecting totem pole for me. My friend is in the liquidation phase of his reprints.

(apologies for the threat hijack, Jim!)

Wait a bit. Soon there’ll be a movement to call reprints “variants” too in the market...lol

47 minutes ago, N e r V said:

This must have been before you “moved on” to cheap girls romance comics you now buy here?
D11B134C-0FC1-4673-BCEA-291CE70371A8.jpeg.d8a6c4f3698c75e439506d6c3a56a093.jpeg

It was about 36 years prior to my dive into romance comics. :D