• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO Won the Hulk 181?

19 posts in this topic

If I remember correctly, one draw participant purchased 10 tickets. This is a list which contains some of the books that were pulled during our first Weekly Draw:

Adventure Comics #292

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #53

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #54

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #63

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #68

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #78

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #109

Amazing Spider-Man v.1 #172

Avengers #12

Blackhawk #141

Captain Savage #5

Captain Savage #6

Captain Savage #7

Challengers of the Uknown #13

Greatest Adventure #35

Classics Illustrated Junior: The Pied Piper #504

Daredevil #26

Daredevil #118

Dell Western Roundup #13

Detective Comics #458

Devil Dinosaur #1

Fantastic Four #56

Fantastic Four #69

Fantastic Four King-Size Special #8

Greatest Adventure #39

Greatest Adventure #43

Gold Key Daffy Duck #47

Incredible Hulk #106

Incredible Hulk #107

Incredible Hulk #108

Incredible Hulk #109

Incredible Hulk #134

Incredible Hulk #147

Kid Colt Outlaw #29

Marvel Super-Heroes King-Size Special #1

Richie Rich #63

Superboy #76

Superboy #77

Superboy #84

Star Trek #24

The Shadow #1

Tales to Astonish #56

Tales of Suspense #92

Treasure Chest #4

Warlock #14

X-Men v. 1 #22

X-Men v. 1 #41

X-Men #49

Trivia Prizes (given away throughout the draw):

Amazing Spiderman v.1 #44

Amazing Spider-Man #62

Machine-Man #1

Miracleman Issues #1-5

X-Men v. 1 #19

Lucky that some forum members didn't win, or the Dawg'd be too busy re-listing the book to pose, gman would be off-camera renegotiating a CGC 9.6 copy as his prize, Bruce would be depressed it wasn't a Hulk 180, and Greggy would just toss it in is pile of "rejects". grin.gif

I haven't commented much on ComicLotto yet. I don't like to discuss new web sites and/or new concepts until I've had a chance to let it all sink in, and there's enough originality in your concept to keep me thinking for quite a bit. I've never been much on lotteries; the odds are usually too long on the state-sponsored ones. However, the thought of getting a comic with every draw purchase and the increased odds of winning as compared to state lotteries makes it something to think about. I can definitely say that your business concept and web site look very well designed and implemented from what I've seen and understood of them.

One of the things that occurred to me when contemplated the idea of buying a draw is that I don't like the idea of getting a comic that I might not want. Have you considered allowing draw buyers to have some type of input into the comic they receive? Perhaps you could present customers a list of the titles and/or publishers in the current week's lotto and allow them to select the ones they'd be interested in. I guess only you and Paradise can figure out if something like this is possible from an inventory perspective, but as a collector, I don't like the idea of getting a random comic that I may have no interest in whatsoever.

But what happens if more than one person for that week wants the same comic? I think that the random draw is pretty fair. I would probably end up with a comic I don't want, but that's sort of the chance one takes with lotteries.

don't know which one is the winner, but neither one of those guys looks very happy!

The one on your left, with the ball cap is the winner. The other is the store manager.

I can definitely say that your business concept and web site look very well designed and implemented from what I've seen and understood of them.

Thanks fantastic_four. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

One of the things that occurred to me when contemplated the idea of buying a draw is that I don't like the idea of getting a comic that I might not want. Have you considered allowing draw buyers to have some type of input into the comic they receive? Perhaps you could present customers a list of the titles and/or publishers in the current week's lotto and allow them to select the ones they'd be interested in. I guess only you and Paradise can figure out if something like this is possible from an inventory perspective, but as a collector, I don't like the idea of getting a random comic that I may have no interest in whatsoever.

One of the things we are thinking of doing is getting together once a month to go through all the suggestions we recieve through our site, and through these forums. In response to your question/idea, the thought of diversifying the draws to allow people to bid on, for instance, DC Silver-Age, Marvel Silver-Age, Dell, Gold Key, etc. is a very appealing concept to our group. We could even drill-down a further level, and do for instance Marvel Silver-Age (Superhero), DC Bronze-Age (Horror), etc. We fully recognize that arbitrarility filling a box with books based on value is not going to appeal to everyone. Realisitically, we may not be able to meet the requirement of draw diversification as immediately as we would like, and comic stock is not even a concern at this point. Its the amount of preperation and thought that goes into stocking such a diversified product set, in a consistent and well-thought out manner. Although we like the idea very much, and appreciate you bringing it up in this thread, it may be a few months before we can introduce this type of update into our current business model.

Moreover, we would encourage people to provide as much feedback as they would like through our "contact us" page, or even on these forums. We are determined to improve and refine our current business model if it translates in presenting i) a higher degree of professionalism; ii) encourages buyer confidence and participation; and iii) improves the overall perception of the ComicLotto brand.

I hope this has answered your question in a satisfactory manner.

All the best

smirk.gif

The guy on the left with the cap is the winner; he was worried we were going to take the book from him after the photo and kick him out of the store laugh.gif He started to loosen up when we explained to him there was no catch, and that he REALLY did win! laugh.gif