• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slabbing for Personal Collection

21 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, FloidFromTheVoid said:

what things do you consider when slabbing things that arent from the SS?

Some of my more "expensive" things I was thinking about doing it with was Secret Wars 8, Amazing Spider-Man 361 & Marvel Team Up 141

For me, it's largely a matter of value and how deeply I care about the grade of a particular book.  If a book is less than $300 raw, then I'm probably not willing to throw another $50 at it just to get it graded.  (I don't have a lot of books to grade so I would be unable to spread shipping costs across multiple books).  If a modern book isn't a strong candidate for 9.8, then that's another reason I wouldn't get it graded.  9.8 moderns seem to be in high abundance so I might as well just buy one of the many already graded copies instead of subbing my own.  That said, if all I care about is having the book in my collection, grade be damned, then I'd rather save some money and shop around for the sharpest looking raw copy and save myself a few dollars.  In the end it boils down to your own preferences.  If you're looking to present your comics, then a frame is one of the best/classiest ways to do it.

https://www.amazon.com/Coinz-Comics-Acid-Free-Protected-Mountable/dp/B088QS87PQ/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=comic+book+frames&qid=1603909196&sr=8-5

Alternatively, these mounts work just as well for regular books and slabbed books.

https://www.amazon.com/Comic-Mount-Shelf-Invisible-Adjustable/dp/B00GP1HJQG/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=comic+book+frames&qid=1603909294&sr=8-8