• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

its all over: FF152 vs BATMAN 203

39 posts in this topic

the summer is over and both pics' engagements have wound down, taking in less than million each last week. So the Battle of the Titanic Two Comics Summer Blockbusters is over!

The winnah, at 203 million plus, in this cornah with batty ears and a house to rebuild: Batman Begins

So who remembers any of those bets that were made way back when??

the summer is over and both pics' engagements have wound down, taking in less than million each last week. So the Battle of the Titanic Two Comics Summer Blockbusters is over!

The winnah, at 203 million plus, in this cornah with batty ears and a house to rebuild: Batman Begins

So who remembers any of those bets that were made way back when??

Kramerica and I did not have a bet on which would come out on top, but we both "owned up" tthe bets we did have.

I thought BB would pummel FF because the FF movie looked poorly done, but where it lacked in overall production, it made for in pure FUN!!! I loved the FF for the "easy to watch" factor, but also loved BB for the exact opposite reason....very dark, intricate story line...two sides of a similar coin thumbsup2.gif

Overall, undecided which i liked better..... confused-smiley-013.gif

I assume those totals are just the domestic box office...

Two respectible box office takes. Two good movies!

yes. I came across last weekends totals and went with them here. This is domestic only through the Labor Day weekend. SO taking in so little each week, and faced with a screen shortage come fall, the numbers wont grow all that much froim here on out.

Who cares how much money they made; Batman Begins was a classy, semi-intelligent comic book movie, while the FF was pure brainless trash designed for retarded kids. And I'm a Marvel Zombie, so it pains me to say that.

Rotten Tomato Critic Ratings:

Batman Begins: 83%

Fantastic Four 26%

'nuff said. 27_laughing.gif

Who cares how much money they made; Batman Begins was a classy, semi-intelligent comic book movie, while the FF was pure brainless trash designed for retarded kids. And I'm a Marvel Zombie, so it pains me to say that.

Fantastic Four 26%

news.gif it pained JC to say something - that has got to be a first. devil.gif

Fantastic Four 26%

But hopefully some of those retarded kids (like me) insane.gif went out and bought a comic for the first time in their lives!

Come on, I'd LOVE the Marvel movies to kick DC's can, but in this case it's not even a competition and BB is by far the superior movie.

I just busting ur chops Joe, we defintely agree that Batman was the superior movie - FF was direct to video or Movie of the week material AT BEST.

EXCLUSIVE: Jessica Alba Not Leaving F4 Franchise

Posted Saturday August 20th, 2005

Despite recent gossip on the net (Page Six, we're looking at you) that Jessica Alba has abandoned the role of Sue Storm in the Fantastic Four sequel to star in a silver screen version of the tv show I Dream of Jeannie, this is not true. Alba's reps confirmed for F4Movies that the actress is indeed committed to appearing in a sequel if one is made. Alba, alongside actors Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis and Chris Evans, reportedly signed a contract to appear in at least two sequels to the smash superhero film.

Come on, I'd LOVE the Marvel movies to kick DC's can, but in this case it's not even a competition and BB is by far the superior movie.

Totally agree with you, and that's rare. Tim Story is a hack. If they make another FF, and they probably will, I hope they get a director of Nolan's caliber, although maybe not quite as dark since Batman lends itself to a darker tone than FF. I'm really afraid that Rattner is going to screw up a perfectly good franchise with X-Men. He's not quite the hack Story is but he's average at best and might struggle with as many characters as will be thrown at him. Hope I'm wrong.

Where did you hear that?

The NY Post reports that a sequel to The Fantastic Four is in the works, and everybody is set to reprise their role except for Jessica Alba.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/27205.htm

Just for future reference, I'm not sure I would believe anything written in the NY Post, which is probably one of the "gossipiest" papers around.