• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

its all over: FF152 vs BATMAN 203

39 posts in this topic

news.gif it pained JC to say something - that has got to be a first. devil.gif

Come on, I'd LOVE the Marvel movies to kick DC's can, but in this case it's not even a competition and BB is by far the superior movie.

Totally agree with you, and that's rare. Tim Story is a hack. If they make another FF, and they probably will, I hope they get a director of Nolan's caliber, although maybe not quite as dark since Batman lends itself to a darker tone than FF. I'm really afraid that Rattner is going to screw up a perfectly good franchise with X-Men. He's not quite the hack Story is but he's average at best and might struggle with as many characters as will be thrown at him. Hope I'm wrong.

No unfortunately I fear you are right. Christo_pull_hair.gif

news.gif it pained JC to say something - that has got to be a first. devil.gif

Come on, I'd LOVE the Marvel movies to kick DC's can, but in this case it's not even a competition and BB is by far the superior movie.

Totally agree with you, and that's rare. Tim Story is a hack. If they make another FF, and they probably will, I hope they get a director of Nolan's caliber, although maybe not quite as dark since Batman lends itself to a darker tone than FF. I'm really afraid that Rattner is going to screw up a perfectly good franchise with X-Men. He's not quite the hack Story is but he's average at best and might struggle with as many characters as will be thrown at him. Hope I'm wrong.

No unfortunately I fear you are right. Christo_pull_hair.gif

When are we going to see a tease for X-Men 3? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For a newspaper, the New York Post has a strange aversion for the truth. confused-smiley-013.gif

Coming from England, I'm surprised you even know how to use "newspaper" and "truth" in the same sentence! poke2.gif

Carrot's from England?

Hard to argue about Brit newspapers and their way with stories - even the broadsheets.

What they make is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I know of many bad movies to make a ton of money.

I have not yet seen FF but Batman Begins is a great movie; one of the better comic book based movies ever made. Right up there with Spidey 2 and Superman 1, IMO.

Is it too soon to start guessing how well Superman will do? Boy that costume looks as minty as the BOD ads that are currently running in all the new comics!

When are we going to see a teaser trailer for that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you go to SD this year? Bryan Singer showed some footage and received a standing ovation from all 6500 of us in the room. He immediately showed the footage again.

Great stuff. thumbsup2.gif

Taking both domestic and international numbers into account FF actually outperformed the first X-Men movie... So , in my mind, the genre is still strong and despite the brief scare with the Hulk, it looks like studios will continue ponying up for blockbusters for the A-list characters. I was hoping for a stronger showing for SinCity as a smash hit would've opened the floodgates for alternative projects. I'd love to see one of the CGI studios take a shot at 'Bone'.

Dmst Int

-------------------------------

157.1 138.7 Xmen1

152.7 147.0 FF