• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Plastic Man fans ?

7 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Scrooge said:

8 (?) volumes of PM in the DC Archives series. All great.

When I was a young collector I could only dream of such abundance!

23 hours ago, Scrooge said:

8 (?) volumes of PM in the DC Archives series. All great.

Have all the Archives.  Reproduction is great.  They take you through Police 77 (April 1948) and Plastic Man 10 (Winter 1947-1948).  Plastic Man was quarterly until issue 12, then bi-monthly until Issue 49, finally ending with Issue 56 (Nov. 1956) three years after the end of Police Comics.  Cole left the title in 1949, so there were more Cole stories that could have been archived. There were also subsequent non-Cole stories, but I've never read any of them. P.S. Archives fit on racks:

IMG_0678.thumb.jpg.3ca6eb06ff2f303444fa7edc8e5c432f.jpg

25 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

but I've never read any of them

:whatthe: Any of them or just none of the Post-Cole stories? It's a bit unclear. I haven't read them in a while but I enjoyed them when I did a decade ago.

2 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

:whatthe: Any of them or just none of the Post-Cole stories? It's a bit unclear. I haven't read them in a while but I enjoyed them when I did a decade ago.

I have not read any post-Cole stories. I enjoy Cole Plas.

Edited by sfcityduck

36 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Have all the Archives.  Reproduction is great.  They take you through Police 77 (April 1948) and Plastic Man 10 (Winter 1947-1948).  Plastic Man was quarterly until issue 12, then bi-monthly until Issue 49, finally ending with Issue 56 (Nov. 1956) three years after the end of Police Comics.  Cole left the title in 1949, so there were more Cole stories that could have been archived. There were also subsequent non-Cole stories, but I've never read any of them. P.S. Archives fit on racks:

IMG_0678.thumb.jpg.3ca6eb06ff2f303444fa7edc8e5c432f.jpg

Awesome display