• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help in finding a SOTI comic

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Back on the boards after a very extended absence. Anyone know what comic Wertham was referencing in Seduction Of The Innocent on page 40? Not the Diary Loves #31 that explains how to steal from a department store, but this particular scene described below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.howardhallis.com/cgc/sotipg40.jpg

Thank you!! SOTIcollector I know your collection of books is legendary! You rule!

One more for you tonight:

Any idea where this is from?

SOTI page 31: Another comic book expresses the whole philosophy "Since when do we worry about killin' people?"

6 hours ago, howardhallis said:

Thank you!! SOTIcollector I know your collection of books is legendary! You rule!

One more for you tonight:

Any idea where this is from?

SOTI page 31: Another comic book expresses the whole philosophy "Since when do we worry about killin' people?"

This is Soticollector's website listing of all known SOTI comics:

http://lostsoti.org/FoundSOTI.htm

Elsewhere on his site, you can fine a list of books still needing identification.

I didn't realize that losoti.org's webmaster and SOTIcollector were the same person. Makes sense of course. I've actually written him a few emails...The last 2 requests I had weren't on his website and didn't want to bug him too much so thought I'd ask the forum.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:02 AM, howardhallis said:

I didn't realize that losoti.org's webmaster and SOTIcollector were the same person. Makes sense of course. I've actually written him a few emails...The last 2 requests I had weren't on his website and didn't want to bug him too much so thought I'd ask the forum.

Thanks.  I do still owe you a response to your last email.  And I have some books to add to the site, but I have some technological hurdles to overcome first. 

I love that you're reading SOTI and hunting down these references as well.  I've loved this stuff for years, and the more people who are hunting for these things, the better the chances of finding them!

28 minutes ago, SOTIcollector said:

Thanks.  I do still owe you a response to your last email.  And I have some books to add to the site, but I have some technological hurdles to overcome first. 

I love that you're reading SOTI and hunting down these references as well.  I've loved this stuff for years, and the more people who are hunting for these things, the better the chances of finding them!

Glad that some positivity is coming out of this. I’ve seen comic enthusiasts elsewhere embrace way too much vitriol, insults, antagonism, and general negativity about it that had really gotten to an unjustifiable point, regardless of how bad Wertham, the Senate, and others had mishandled their views on comics at the time, so it’s nice to see the opportunity be taken to discover interesting comics from Wertham’s book people might not know about otherwise.