• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 100 cover for sale

70 posts in this topic

I'm waiting for a scan. Rumor had it there were condition issues. Regardless, it should go for crazy money. Burkey sold the 101 for 40K. Likely 50-75K. The main issue is NO time payments and FULL payment due in 10 days. That will eliminate 90% of the potential buyers (myself included).

I'm waiting for a scan. Rumor had it there were condition issues. Regardless, it should go for crazy money. Burkey sold the 101 for 40K. Likely 50-75K. The main issue is NO time payments and FULL payment due in 10 days. That will eliminate 90% of the potential buyers (myself included).

At least he's not asking for a bag of cash.

Spencer just emailed me. Only the logos and corner box art are stats. Done on board. This cover will be a good barometer of how much "money" is in the art market. Huge, iconic piece but deal must be done in 10 days and for cash, no trade.

Stephen,

when i saw his email regarding this "auction" , i was like "WHOAA" ! - Then when i see the list of conditons that he set on it, i am thinking alot of collectors are going to have to pass. - For those who missed the email, here is a highlight :

TERMS OF PRIVATE AUCTION:

I reserve the right to refuse or reject ANY bid for ANY reason without

explanation.

Payment is due IN MY HANDS within 10 days of the end of the auction.

I do not accept layaway, payment plans, PayPal or Credit cards.

Payment MUST be in US FUNDS via certified check, cashier's check or money

orders.

Buyer is responsible for shipping charges which are to be determined by

weight and distance.

Bids will ONLY be accepted via email at my other email address

SpencerBck@aol.com. Any bids sent to this email address will not be considered. No telephone

or fax bids will be accepted.

All bids are due in my inbox by 7PM est ... September 20, 2005. Any email

that comes in after that time will be considered invalid.

The cover does not have a specific price on it ... although the owner does

have a general idea what it is worth in today's market.

The final decision as to the sale of the art will be made by me and my decisio

n is final.

can anybody put a scan of the cover. that would very nice if someone could.

mann those are some serious teams. your right gang. this will put 80 % of the collectors on the sidelines for this one for sure. . iam thinking 60 to 75 k tops with hard cash. wonder what barry smith piece he going to auction off.

larry. ;]

can anybody put a scan of the cover. that would very nice if someone could.

mann those are some serious teams. your right gang. this will put 80 % of the collectors on the sidelines for this one for sure. . iam thinking 60 to 75 k tops with hard cash. wonder what barry smith piece he going to auction off.

larry. ;]

Here ya go buddy !!!

925175-asm.jpg

925175-asm.jpg.c0ed37edf23f6947c2d2d77272804241.jpg

The Artist's Choice has been given the RARE opportunity to sell not one, not

two, not three, but FOUR small private collections of early, mid and late

Silver Age artwork.

Lastly .. There will be MORE AWESOME ART to come ( one or two at a time only

) after this auction is completed ... so watch out for more information. HINTS

of art to come ... STEVE DITKO, JACK KIRBY, MARIE SEVERIN, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, JOHN ROMITA, SR., HARVEY KURTZMAN and MUCH MORE ...

WHAT IN BLUE BLAZES ARE WE TO EXPECT NEXT,..A DITKO ASM COVER ???893scratchchin-thumb.gif