• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 100 cover for sale

70 posts in this topic

$80k ? Who else thinks it would reach this value under the most suitable conditions of sale? Who has heard first hand that Burkey wants this cover?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pointing all of that out. I looked at the high-res scan that Spencer sent me (kudos to him for sending such a nice scan), and noticed many of those issues. All-in-all, not a cover I'm going to bend over backwards to get into my collection. Talking to people at the Big Apple Convention today, estimates that I've heard range from 35K to 60K. Without the condition issues, if the cover looked closer to the published work (black background), and if there weren't such constraining financial terms, this piece would be an 80K+ piece.

Best,

I do and I have.

$80k ? Who else thinks it would reach this value under the most suitable conditions of sale? Who has heard first hand that Burkey wants this cover?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pointing all of that out. I looked at the high-res scan that Spencer sent me (kudos to him for sending such a nice scan), and noticed many of those issues. All-in-all, not a cover I'm going to bend over backwards to get into my collection. Talking to people at the Big Apple Convention today, estimates that I've heard range from 35K to 60K. Without the condition issues, if the cover looked closer to the published work (black background), and if there weren't such constraining financial terms, this piece would be an 80K+ piece.

Best,

I just don't see the reason for the wild-eyed love of this cover. Not only is the cover a mess condition-wise, the image does absolutely nothing for me. I would certainly not call that an iconic cover.

If you think that 40-60K is a good price for this cover, where were you when the Spectacular Spider-Man 1 cover sold last year for 16K + premium? That #1 is a STEAL compared to what people are talking about for this #100 cover. There's no comparison for me.

#1:

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=751&Lot_No=3797&src=pr

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOLD TO MIKE BURKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!

wow !

------------------

To: comicart-l@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:32:47 EDT

Subject: [comicart-l] WHO GOT AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #100 COVER ART? GULP....."ME"

HI ALL!

I'VE JUST BEEN INFORMED I AM THE LUCKY WINNER, CAN'T SAY WHAT IT WENT

FOR,

BUT NOW I GOTTA GET A MORTGAGE! HEH HEH

OR I GOTTA SELL A BUNCH OF ART!!! :o)

MIKE

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]