• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something fishy going on with this DD #1?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

At least he did full disclosure on the crack. Lots of books have writing. He didn't put it there lol.  I don't think I could spend that kind of money without seeing the book in hand, myself. You should get the graders notes.  I am not feeling suspicious.

Good luck on your hunt.

If he's scamming people, he's doing it very S-L-O-W-L-Y.  Not making a living at it.  One feedback as a seller (over a year old), and 4 feedbacks as a buyer within the year.  Barely a pulse.

As @silverweb suggests, the grader notes could be helpful, especially if they indicate writing on the front cover.  Might be considered an arrival code, so maybe not downgraded for it.  The seller may have the notes, if he got it slabbed, or asked for them when he purchased it.

21 minutes ago, TheAvenger80 said:

For the record, I wasn't necessarily saying the seller is crooked, just that the book doesnt look like an 8.0 to me, and that the crack only makes it more suspicious. Some of the corners look eww in those closeups. B|

Suppose the crack was not there....would you buy it? Would you buy it with that tanning and writing and no crack?

Personally, that is a poor presenting 8.0. Has a lot of tanning and to me, seems more likely a 7.0 but that is my standards. The writing I actually like and while it might keep a book from 9.4-9.8, if it was the only flaw, I would not mind. The tanning is the problem for me and it seems a generous 8.0. I would not pay as much as other nicer 8.0s.