• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me locate the book a particular story is in
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Back in 1958 I bought a copy of Monster Parade #3, long since gone so, recently I picked up a reprint.  Inside, among all the text stories, was a PCH story entitled, "Magician of Death".

The artwork looks like it came out of an Ace publication, but I've searched the GCD for story titles from their four horror books, Baffling Mysteries, The Beyond, Hand of Fate, and Web of Mystery, and come up empty.  It also looks like the artist may have been one from Story Comics, and I checked their two titles as well, Mysterious Adventures and Dark Mysteries, but again nothing.  If it looks familiar, please LMK.

monster-parade-no-3.jpg

MONSTERPARADE3INSIDE2.jpg

1 hour ago, creaturefan95 said:

It is from Web of Mystery #22 and its original title was "Halfway to Eternity."

No wonder I couldn't find it based on the title!  And the funny thing is, I have that book!  In fact I thought that I had indeed read it some time ago.  Thank you thank you!

As an added note to this, the subsequent issue of Monster Parade, #4, also had a PCH story, entitled, "She Stalks At Sundown", which was the lead story in that issue.