• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Daze on EBay

100 posts in this topic

Probably. When it comes down to some minimum wage chump critiquing my typing and spelling skills , you know I smell blood. Perhaps i could pay old Major to come work at my office to review drafts and type. Currently starting secretaries are at about $10 an hour and that would have to be a raise for him. A good thing I have no idea who he is on ebay - he would never win another book. But then again what would I do with a bunch of garbage dollar books and ultimate what nots.

A wanna be comedian to boot. Perhaps i could employ you too as a proof reader. Not enough negativity in my posts lately. I would suggest more bran in the diet for you though- that would undoubetedly improve your disposition a little. How much longer will it be until you decide this is all hopeless again and you abandon ship? There must be some more important problems for you to resolve like finding out what happened to the space shuttle or achieving democracy in Iraq.

A good thing I have no idea who he is on ebay - he would never win another book.

Oooooooooo! Another Ebay-Boogeyman! Clob, seriously, it's not my fault your grammatical abilities make your posts nigh-incomprehensible.

But then again what would I do with a bunch of garbage dollar books and ultimate what nots.

Ew. Ultimate books are no good. Dollar books on the other hand, for an actual READER of comic books (how much do you have to pay your secretary to read stuff to you?), are sometimes a wonderful thing. I will not discriminate against a book simply because it's cheap! [insert simple-minded humor about Clob's mother here.]

Well thanks for explaining why you could not comprehend that i was insulting you. I mistakenly thought you were too dense to get it.

It's okay, Clob... just don't let it happen again. And if you wouldn't mind, try amping up your insults a little? They're like being slapped with your... I mean "a" wet noodle: They're so weak and unremarkable they just fall by the wayside.

But if you're not sharp enough for that, that's fine too. (No pun intended.) We've tolerated you for this long, why should we stop now?

Hey I have already called you a limp wristed pansy with no [!@#%^&^]. I guess you are just not the sort of guy to be insulted by that kind of thing.

Well, you insulted me then you changed your stance on the "punishment bidding" in the same breath so you could agree with me... how can I take offense at that? Think before you post, Clob.

For the last time, my stance has not changed.

Suuuuure it hasn't.

That comment about punishment bidding was a sort of jibe at you.

"Sort of"??? Talk about wishy-washy. I only wish I could be surprised by your vacillating... but after this exchange, I'm not sure you'll ever shock and/or awe me ever again. (Wait, go ahead and strike that "again" from the record, counselor.)

Might be a great time to list some dupe keys and see if the BIN gets nabbed by some coked up newbie with a big gov't check.

Who needs a big government check when it's always a great time for coke snorting/shooting newbies! tongue.gif You know what they say, "there's a sucker born every day." grin.gif And some people are a glutton for punishment, and believe me poverty is punishment!... tongue.giflaugh.gif

Ummm........can't we all get along......

I remember passing over Hulk 180 (and 181s) in quarter boxes before Wolverine got "hot"......oh, well my loss....

Didn't buy Microsoft early, should have bet the house on New England over St. Louis, should have forecast a guy with claws, sideburns and a bad attitude fetching exponential multiples of grade.....bummer, dude.....

I agree. I used to go to Another World over on P and Wisconsin for decent back issues and new comics. Now resigned to using eBay for back issues and the occasional stop-and-read of new at Borders......

And people wonder why new comic sales are in the toilet.......

Ah, the good old days -- I grew up in a town of 20,000 that had two comic stores and three drug stores with three or four full racks of new comics.......

Where's my rocking chair......