• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Sales on Ebay: Are These Real?

12 posts in this topic

Market is crashing. The realization that there are probably a half a million copies of this book out there means everyone who wants or needed one already has one. Thus, market crash. Plus, negative aspects of the cover include:

-63% of the cover is red text with the number 300

- its not a newsstand? Yuck dont want it

- Spidey has clearly morphed into a puppy and looks like he is trying to scratch his ear with his hind leg

- first Venom? Did you not see his hand two issues earlier or his full image in the previous issue? Third time seeing this chump in a comic, boooorrrring

-the subliminal messaging in the webbing is an insult to readers...how rude Todd, why would I want to own this book now?

Edited by comicginger1789

7 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Market is crashing. The realization that there are probably a half a million copies of this book out there means everyone who wants or needed one already has one. Thus, market crash. Plus, negative aspects of the cover include:

-63% of the cover is red text with the number $300

- its not a newsstand? Yuck dont want it

- Spidey has clearly morphed into a puppy and looks like he is trying to scratch his ear with his hind leg

- first Venom? Did you not see his hand two issues earlier or his full image in the previous issue? Third time seeing this chump in a comic, boooorrrring

-the subliminal messaging in the webbing is an insult to readers...how rude Todd, why would I want to own this book now?

can you elaborate?

I posted this on Friday, not sure how it ended up in a thread of its own...

I did not click on your links, however...

I am not sure what you are looking at, I just went to eBay and checked "Sold/Completed" sales, "Auctions" only and the least expensive book I found was $212.00 (going back to Nov.1) with 26 bids for a Raw ASM 300 which may have graded at a VG/FN 5.0 if not for 1/5th of the back cover missing which to me drops the book to a minimum GD 2.0 if not a FR/GD 1.5.

The lowest graded CGC book was a VG- 3.5 that sold for over $400.00

When looking at eBay to try to determine FMV you have to look at Auctions with a decent amount of bidders (a minimum of 5 separate bidders), being sure that the price was not artificially inflated due to a bidding war, YES, you may find some of the same books that sell for less and others that sell for more, there is no set number/value, you have to come up with an average to determine FMV.