• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Daredevil #1 (1964)
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear about this.  In light of the book you thought it was, I'm assuming this dealer received a lot of coin for it.  That's just too much to cough up to "lesson learned", if you can avoid it.   Hopefully you bought the book less than six months ago and paid by via PayPal or at least a major credit card, which might protect you for fraudulent or even innocently misrepresented purchases.   GLWT. 

Edited by Pantodude

I think at the price I paid I thought we were sort of splitting the risk between 3.0-5.0.

I actually think the dealer himself didn't know the situation, feels like he too was duped, we were talking and he pulled out a few interesting books and I'd never seen a DD#1 with that good a cover in real life ... which in hindsight makes total sense lol. He mentioned he too was impressed by the cover, but he's more of a collectibles dealer than a comic book one. He came across this thing at a sale and thought it was interesting. 

Hopefully CGC doesn't think I'm a criminal, I just wasn't aware you could make covers look that "real" with a printer. Again, in hindsight all this seems like "well, duh" but I guess I was caught up in the find.

After reading all the comments I'll pay him a visit and mention the situation. When I told him I was getting it graded he said to let him know because he was interested in the result. Do I have a tale for him now or what? Sigh.

Edited by laremy
Typo

13 hours ago, laremy said:

I think at the price I paid I thought we were sort of splitting the risk between 3.0-5.0.

I actually think the dealer himself didn't know the situation, feels like he too was duped, we were talking and he pulled out a few interesting books and I'd never seen a DD#1 with that good a cover in real life ... which in hindsight makes total sense lol. He mentioned he too was impressed by the cover, but he's more of a collectibles dealer than a comic book one. He came across this thing at a sale and thought it was interesting. 

Hopefully CGC doesn't think I'm a criminal, I just wasn't aware you could make covers look that "real" with a printer. Again, in hindsight all this seems like "well, duh" but I guess I was caught up in the find.

After reading all the comments I'll pay him a visit and mention the situation. When I told him I was getting it graded he said to let him know because he was interested in the result. Do I have a tale for him now or what? Sigh.

Well, as they say, hindsight is 20/20...   :whistle:

But don't fret about CGC thinking you're a criminal---they see this kind of thing all the time. That's one of the reasons why buying certified books is usually safer, especially with key books like this one. And you can still buy raw books, just keep in mind there are a lot of scams going on these days.

Good luck with resolving this situation and of course WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!