• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden age detached corner
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi there 

I have a mystery tales 4 that has a detached corner. It measures 1.5" . Color and detail is good. I would like to have the book slabbed as other than the corner its in nice condition. I do not want it restored. If the book is sent in for grading with the detached corner in place will the graders/ encasers put the piece in place in the slab or will it be sent back/discarded. 

Peter

16053880127242175863080746076737.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. We wouldn't encapsulate anything that was detached or close to detaching as we don't want a free floating piece inside the holder.  We would have to examine this book in person before we could say for certain before we could make any final determinations on this particular book, however. 

Thanks!

Hi there I have been reading up on your restoration and conservation methods and grading.  If I used Linco mending tape on the inside of this cover to attach the piece as pictured would it be considered restoration or universal with a lower grade 

Thanks