• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 39

22 posts in this topic

Just wondering where Gp analysis gets their data. I am looking for a TOS39 in mid to hi grade and i cant seem to find it but GP listed a sale just last month for a CGC 7.5 for $3220...around my alley...wonder where it came from. any ideas? thanks. stooges.gif

thumbsup2.gif thanks for the quick reply. i live in the Philippines and I see you're in HK. How popular is comic collecting there? Btw, i went back to GPanalysis and i cannot seem to see any link to show me where the item was bought...any idea how to do this? thanks

thumbsup2.gif thanks for the info gpanalysis. confused-smiley-013.gif dont know why i forgot...i was also looking at that auction but decided against it due to the page quality and note quite fond of joe and nadia collection...btw, is this feature possible in gp analysis? could come in handy.

thanks

thumbsup2.gif thanks for the quick reply. i live in the Philippines and I see you're in HK. How popular is comic collecting there? Btw, i went back to GPanalysis and i cannot seem to see any link to show me where the item was bought...any idea how to do this? thanks

We're considering adding this feature in the near future. BTW, we're in Australia, not HK hi.gif

thumbsup2.gif thanks for the quick reply. i live in the Philippines and I see you're in HK. How popular is comic collecting there?

Hey, cool to see someone else in this general neck of the woods! I don't know anyone else here who collects western comics, and don't know of any shops selling western comics (other than one small store that caters to US navy ships that come in from time to time), so the answer is not very popular.

How about in the Philippines? Where are you, Manila?

in the philippines, western comics is popular...my brother had a ASM#14 bought off the newstand before here...only to give it away when they move houses...so way back there is comics here...sadly no idea where all these went. confused-smiley-013.gif i am still looking for antique collector selling comics...you never know i might hit a AF15 acclaim.gif i live near manila. i travel to HK often, at least once a year....this year been there 4-5 times. i seldom see a western comics store there...here western comics are easy find...its the gold/silver/bronze age that is a tough find. i found one only one collector selling mostly VG of marvel copies.

Most sell modern comics. What do you collect? Whats your name? mine's Benson hi.gif

hi tim, nice seeing you. currently looking for a TOS#39...maybe we could meet sometime when i visit HK or by chance you visit Manila let me know and i would gladly show you around...see you at the boards.

Now all my Marvels are just mid-grade SA and BA.

And you still call yourself a collector? poke2.gif

Yes, in the PC world of these boards where collecting high grade books makes you the equivalent of a white male oppressor, such books show that I once was a "true", "pure" collector and part of the oppressed masses before I became an Uncle Tom!

Mexico3.jpg

Hey Benz

Are the Western comics there US editions or are they Filapino ditions. I guess the easist way to tell is the ads. Recently someones been floating a Star Wars 1 with no number/price that has an ad for a bookstore in Manila on the back cover. Are books like that common?

Shadrock...am here present...the western comics here are 90% US editions and 10%local (filipino)reprint...some local bookstore decided to reprint a few comics way back in the 80s...you can easily tell the difference as they have change the AD to a bookstore...DO NOT buy it for collectability as the paper stock is poor and no historical value. treat it as you would treat a DC Milestone Reprint copy of Action1. I am surprised though that it reached US shores...the books like that are common before. i picked a few before just to read...cant collect them so didnt buy them after...i have not posted an AD in the paper though...too cheapskate...hehehe...well i dont know if something will come up but there were alot of western comics before here.

Hey Benz

Are the Western comics there US editions or are they Filapino ditions. I guess the easist way to tell is the ads. Recently someones been floating a Star Wars 1 with no number/price that has an ad for a bookstore in Manila on the back cover. Are books like that common?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gifwow Tim you had a 9.2 TOS39? wow! can you tell us the story of how you got it? who bought it? maybe we could offer him something like...DCs for trade? gossip.gifflowerred.gifstooges.gif

I bought it raw years ago from VIA (Jason Ewert 893whatthe.gif, Rob Ronin and Tom Brulato). The funny thing is I really wanted the Bethlehem copy they had for sale but was just beaten to it by Mark Arrand, and THAT copy was subsequently certified as a 9.4 frustrated.gif.

I sold it 3 years ago to Metropolis. Where it is now, I don't know. It was a beautiful copy with just a bit of wear on the spine and even though CGC said the PQ was OW pages, they looked more like C-OW to me. Anyways, I'm sure Fishler would be willing to trade it for some of my DCs... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif As if. grin.gif

Yo shadrock cool.gif just forgot to mention the bookstore stopped reprinting comics during early 90's...i think...it doesnt do this anymore....and if you see a filipino on the boards please let him know of me...trying to check if anyone from my country is here in the boards. thanks. flowerred.gif

well i dont know if something will come up but there were alot of western comics before here.

There must be a lot of SA and BA comics floating around in the Philippines from the many years the US had military bases there.