• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher Max 17 Variant Cover

8 posts in this topic

Hi CGC-boarders!

Has anyone ever seen the variant covers for the Punisher Max #17 and #18 by Steve Dillon? I understand that the covers (18 featured below) were done for a second printing of the issues from the 2010 series (had no idea they were so popular!). I am looking to purchase a copy of both books if anyone has one for sale/trade. Thanks for any tips!

SD - PunisherMax 18 Variant.jpg

there's a separate 'want-to-buy' subforum if you're interested in posting there.

I can find no indication online the books actually exist, I wonder if they were solicited and then cancelled?  The images I was able to find, the barcodes look very pixelated, suggesting they were mock-ups rather than scans of actual books.

I did find an image of the 17 2nd print; same problem with the barcode:

Punisher-MAX-17-2nd.jpg

also, typically (but not always), the numbers above barcode on a 2nd print ends with a '2'.

The numbers above the barcodes pictured do not seem to line up with what one would expect, both with respect to the issue number and the 2nd printing.

I'd consider asking the creators/artists (on social media) if these ever got printed, as one would assume they would want to get paid for them (or be credited professionally).  Or if Marvel has customer service of some sort, shoot them an inquiry, no harm.

9 hours ago, revat said:

also, typically (but not always), the numbers above barcode on a 2nd print ends with a '2'.

The numbers above the barcodes pictured do not seem to line up with what one would expect, both with respect to the issue number and the 2nd printing.

I'd consider asking the creators/artists (on social media) if these ever got printed, as one would assume they would want to get paid for them (or be credited professionally).  Or if Marvel has customer service of some sort, shoot them an inquiry, no harm.

Unfortunately, the artist on both was Steve Dillon, who passed away in 2016.

Just as a guess, these covers don't have new art; just repurposed art from the stories.

I don’t believe either cover (17 or 18 2nd printings) were actually ever released. Just solicited. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I was looking for them to show up, they never did  ... :$

Same went for this Punisher 2018 series #2 Variant

D5697342-4EB2-4FE2-8374-E0EE86D89C80.jpeg.952c32c0e5bd305a8bbace704a727976.jpeg

@NickW

Edited by nepatkm
Another