• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

for batman fans like me

10 posts in this topic

That really is cool. I never heard of something like this existing before - has anybody else?

I wonder why DC would have sent Bob Kane a bound volume of Batman 1-3, but then start the Detective run at #39 (unless 27-38 were in a separate, and even more valuable, second album).

That really is cool. I never heard of something like this existing before - has anybody else?

I wonder why DC would have sent Bob Kane a bound volume of Batman 1-3, but then start the Detective run at #39 (unless 27-38 were in a separate, and even more valuable, second album).

This set was previously listed on eBay in about the last year or so. Historically it is a great item. What is interesting is that the binding is spiral bound on the volume. Apparently a number of the bound volumes that were from various DC employees were bound in this manner as I have seen several like this.

I should have posted a wink.gif. I was making light of the fact that Kane always took the credit for the work of other people. Even the paintings he had on display at art galleries were ghosted for him.

I wonder how you really value something like this -- I mean the comics themselves are original, but are in this book, and of course it's cool that it was "Kane's" -- but -- seems tough to really nail down a particular value for the item...

Bob Kane told people that was his bound volume, but it really belonged to either Jerry Robinson, Bill Finger or Sheldon Moldoff.

Seems fair. There'll be a lot more of them in there than Kane!