• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yara Flor 1st Appearance
1 1

25 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Oswegocomics said:

anyone know if CGC has started adding this designation to the slabs yet?

Nope not a vocal fan base so no label, just got back future state WW 1 , no designation of any kind. Interesting enough, my request for Ms Marvel 16 to be noted as 1st Red Dagger was granted. 

They might be confused or unsure which it actually is. Im not arguing which book the appearance is but if I recall correctly there are three or so possibilities. Although Future State Wonder Woman 1 is the first appearance of Caipora and theres no controversy as to that one if I am correct? Maybe you super fans know more than me, hope it gets solved soon though!

Wonder Woman Annual - just a random girl in Brazil on a beach.  Not Yara.  To suggest it's Yara's 1st appearance is bizarre that's like saying "there are no girls in brazil other than Yara. It's a country devoid of human life"

Death Metal 7 - It's a one panel picture of Yara in which she is unnamed. Had the solicits for Future State not been out we wouldn't know who it was.  NOt a 1st app. 

DC Future State Preview:  no comics contained therein, but plenty of pictures of Yara, and she's on the cover. However, I think this is considered a preview and not a 1st app (sort of like the Darkhawk Marvel Age controversy) 

Which to my money leaves Future State WW as her first apperance without question. 

It’s Dark Knights 7. Here’s why, it is the money book because it came out slightly earlier and is less printed than FS Wonder Woman. And in order to justify it being the money book we call it the first appearance. Happens all the time. For example, Punchline, her appearance in Hell Arisen 3 is by any definition a cameo, but because it is much more rare than the over printed Batman 89 and 92 (92 is true first) HA three is the money book. To justify it being the money book it has been deemed the first appearance. 

if Yara Flor amounts to anything the Dark Knights 7 1:100 will be the book to have. There is no doubt about it

Edited by Dimez