• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Alfred Pennyworth Collection
2 2

26 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

next auction(s)

the primo stuff I guess went first

I'm amazed that the market was able to absorb such an amazing breathe of books and then some. It appears that more silver and bronze age books to follow with further opportunities to upgrade collections. Total should be well over 2m by the time it's all said and done.

Does the AP collection hold more value than standard graded comics?

Say if you were to be offered a 9.8 AP collection batman comic, would it be worth taking?

Sorry for the noob question. 

The Alfred Pennyworth collection was an amazing achievement but just because a collector assembled a great collection doesn't really add value.  I believe (could be wrong) The Berks collection excitement was more driven by many extremely scarce books becoming available, not so much that they were Jon's books.

20 hours ago, batman_fan said:

The Alfred Pennyworth collection was an amazing achievement but just because a collector assembled a great collection doesn't really add value.  I believe (could be wrong) The Berks collection excitement was more driven by many extremely scarce books becoming available, not so much that they were Jon's books.

Agreed.  A collection of magnificent condition books assembled when they were first released is an entirely different kettle of fish and in most cases those books are worth, and command, a substantial premium.

Edited by pemart1966