• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deathstroke (New 52) # 13

5 posts in this topic

I'd like some help identifying this image.

I thought it was Rob Liefeld's cover to Deathstroke (2012 / New 52) # 13, but googling online it looks like it wasn't actually used as the published cover.

Was it used as a variant cover?

If not, was it used elsewhere?

Deathstroke # 13.jpg

That's not a published cover that I'm aware of, although that doesn't mean there isn't something out there that used it.

But that's also going on my list of "why Liefeld art is hard to like". Deathstroke has clearly been replaced by a robot -- now with giant metal foot-stompin' action!! Which also explains how he's keeping hold of that sword: magnetism. And Liefeld clearly decided that was enough "feet" for one day, so made the other cover character a double below-the-knee amputee to avoid needing to draw any more of them.

From what information I gathered it is just a image that was used for solicitation not at actual comic cover (i.e. Previews, Comicshop news,etc.) The way Deathstroke's legs are drawn in this image he would be about 5'7 instead of his actual height of 6'4.