• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly bag ?
2 2

23 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Dang nice press jobs!  You use any humidity, steel plates etc?  I have just started pressing with a lower end clamp press recently with not much luck as I still haven't gotten the metal plates recommended by many on a pressing FB page, or made a humidity tank to help make the paper more pliable and in turn achieve better results. 

Thanks! I use a 15”x15” clamshell t-shirt press.

Humidity - Yes (Required to get these results after polybag damage)

Plates - Yes

My grandmother always kept the plastic bags from the comics to put small things there (needles, buttons). She always had plastic bags in the house. She would pass me dried fruits, nuts, dried crackers, or money in them. This was convenient because I took to work what she passed and ate them during the working day, for me, it was like chips. Everyone complains that plastic bags are harmful to the environment, but many don't take into account the fact that with them much easier in everyday life. You can wrap anything in polyethylene, from food to furniture. When I make repairs, I constantly order polyethylene rolls on interplas.com. I don't know what could replace them.

Edited by Divetra

On 12/9/2020 at 3:12 PM, gradejunky said:

I got about 10 copies of that from different sources and not one grades above about 9.2 right out the bag!  Again sellers were listing as "NM or better" knowing full well none were actually NM or better.  

9.0+ is technically in the "NM" range according to CGC themselves. 

Screenshot_20210317-234354_Chrome.jpg