• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with the Mature/Adult/18+ comics?

3 posts in this topic

Recently bought a long box off an estate sale that has some nice stuff that'll pay for the box itself and plus some. But the tail end of the box had a nice brick of Mature/Adult comics I'm not really sure what to do with. Is there a market for these? Where would I go to potentially sell them?

Thanks.

I’d look on eBay to get a range of potential prices for “sold” comics

assuming you cover the naughty words and bits in your pictures, you can sell them in most normal venues, including eBay or these boards or maybe a pawn shop, probably depends on the content and age and condition and value.  You may need to restrict the age of the potential age of the purchaser.

i don’t know enough about it to declare the BEST venue, and I’m not sure if anyone will be forthcoming about being an expert.

you may even benefit from posting a listing or pictures (censored appropriately) in this very thread to solicit opinions.  Because just like with nearly anything else, it depends ...

As with most categories of books, it... really depends on the material. There are quite a few worthwhile books with "mature readers" labels, and -- depending on the time period we're talking about -- potentially some valuable indie / underground stuff that's more obviously adult. There are also scattered limited-run moderns with nude covers that have at least niche collector interest (some of the Zenescope stuff does well because ... um, reasons, I guess?). Some of this stuff is collected like normal books and so is appropriately condition-sensitive (that's almsot certainly the case for the Zenescopes, for example).

On the other hand, as with most categories, there's a lot of drek to be had.

Pictures (censored as required) or at least a quick sample listing might help others offer more directed advice.