• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman three jokers

11 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Matthew Gardiner said:

Its clear these are going to be highly collectable in the future. How ever far down the line that will be. But everyone racing for the 9.8s when the 9.9 is the new 9.8. 

nothing is more collectible than things designed to be 'collectible.' i'm not so sure it's clear. on the other hand, people lose their minds for 9.9 and the rarer 10 label. look for an 11 and you'll really get rich.

49 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

nothing is more collectible than things designed to be 'collectible.' i'm not so sure it's clear. on the other hand, people lose their minds for 9.9 and the rarer 10 label. look for an 11 and you'll really get rich.

I am glad there are people buying comic books through market speculation. The fact that comics still have a market is encouraging.

From someone who was bit by the speculator bug at one time, if there is ever one constant, it is that there is no such thing as a guaranteed collectible. 

3 JOKERS.jpg

27 minutes ago, D2 said:

I am glad there are people buying comic books through market speculation. The fact that comics still have a market is encouraging.

From someone who was bit by the speculator bug at one time, if there is ever one constant, it is that there is no such thing as a guaranteed collectible. 

3 JOKERS.jpg

:takeit:

I feel like 9.8 and 9.9 books for new releases are not and SHOULD not demand a premium because the community as a whole is so much more aware of the grade bump 9.8-9.9 can give now compared to 5 or 10 years ago. With more and more people slabbing their books (I am this close to doing it myself once I find a dealer), I think you will get to a point where everyone could have a pristine new book. Supply will outweigh demand and the percentage increase that a 9.8 or 9.9 typically would have gotten will drop drastically in say the next 5-10 years.